Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos from gamescom 2016

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys! I was on a short holiday last week and went to gamescom in Cologne like I do (almost) every August. I took a huge load of photos and will post some here. slight_smile

By the way...

• 345k visitors from 97 countries attended (I witnessed this when trying to queue for the games! Some had over 3 hours queue... I didn't have the patience for that. haha)
  • gamescom week attracted over 500k visitors to Cologne (there were loads of tourists around in the town)
  • gamescom had a new record this year: 877 companies from 54 countries were present.

There are quite many different games in the photos I took below - let me know which ones you recognise and are excited about! slight_smile

Even on the press day there was a huge queue - and this was not even the main entrance yet:

gamescom001.jpg

The Blizzard area was my favourite! Made me want to re-install World of Warcraft. slight_smile Do any of you still play it?

gamescom010.jpg

gamescom018.jpg

gamescom019.jpg

gamescom013.jpg

gamescom020.jpg

People waiting in a long queue for Destiny (I swear I saw this one last year already)

gamescom022.jpg

I didn't see that many cosplayers this time but here's a couple of zombies I managed to catch:

gamescom027.jpg

Mandatory car images!

gamescom024.jpg

gamescom056.jpg

gamescom071.jpg

Can't go anywhere it seems without seeing some Pokemon stuff. tongue

gamescom083.jpg

This one I tried - it was quite cool and pretty similar to Hearthstone actually:

gamescom029.jpg

gamescom084.jpg

The new Final Fantasy seemed GREAT. Makes me want to buy PS4 just for this game... they were playing a trailer on this screen on a loop. Every time I saw it, it looked better and better.

gamescom076.jpg

Not sure if you can see properly as it was dark, but here's a queue for PlayStation VR. There were loads of different stands for VR stuff. It's definitely growing in popularity. I walked past a woman who was playing some climbing VR game and kept hitting passers-by as she climbed. LOL

gamescom077.jpg

Heard of Robinson: The Journey? Also VR. Graphics looked super crisp!

gamescom047.jpg

I can imagine @Toby might like these two below? grin

gamescom035.jpg

gamescom080.jpg

gamescom081.jpg

Does this remind you of anything? 

gamescom079.jpg

If I post more photos I think it's going to make the thread explode. tongue

I'd love to hear if there's any specific game here that you're excited about? slight_smile

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126008 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Some amazing pictures here @Marjo!

How did you find the reveals guys? Any that were a surprise? For me, Resident Evil 7 grabbed with this fantastic trailer.

Warning: Not for the fainted hearted!

And I still can't bring myself to watch this @Toby. I am worried I might jump and send the laptop flying...LOL Just answer this....does something flash/jump as a close up at the end?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
  • 94015 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Toby wrote:

Some amazing pictures here @Marjo!

How did you find the reveals guys? Any that were a surprise? For me, Resident Evil 7 grabbed with this fantastic trailer.

Warning: Not for the fainted hearted!

And I still can't bring myself to watch this @Toby. I am worried I might jump and send the laptop flying...LOL Just answer this....does something flash/jump as a close up at the end?

No..... 

Message 12 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12624 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions
They are not the most intellectual film, and the correlation to the games is getting more tenuous as they stray from them but they are entertaining enough.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 126008 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

You liar @jonsie. I bet you never watched it to the very end....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote:

Why would I want to ruin the surprise? wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 126008 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Well I watched it. It was all ok till the very last shot.....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16