Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Year on the O2 Community

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One year ago today, on 13 February 2019, I joined the O2 Community.

From the time I joined, I have found it to be not only one of the most helpful but one of the friendliest forums I have known. In fact, it is not just a forum but as the name says - a Community, where people come together to advise and support each other.

In my twelve months here, the Community, its members and managers have helped me to forget my own day-to-day problems and issues, lifted my spirits on more than one occasion, made me laugh when I`ve been down, and given me food for thought to keep the aging little grey cells active. I like to think that I have tried to fit in with the Community, with my "weird sense of humour" [as one member accurately described it], and count members of the O2 Community as friends.

Thank you each and every one of you. 

It is perhaps fitting that this "anniversay" falls in heart LOVE WEEK heart

Bless you all

miamigo.png

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @liggerz87 - much appreciated

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 25

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well done and congratulations @Mi-Amigo 

Message 12 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A whole year, wow. It seems less than that but it's been a great year for the community @Mi-Amigo 

So many quizzes to keep our brain cells ticking over and the work you have put in has been amazing. I'm not sure personally that I would have the tremendous patience needed to keep the quizzes up to date for us.

Very well done and thank you from me yahoo

Message 13 of 25

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4401 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done @Mi-Amigo 

Here we are one year on and nearly 7,000 posts under your belt.  You do a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes that we don't see and I know you say you love doing it, it's still a heck of a lot of work.   I can't always participate as much as I would like, but I know your involvement, planning and running these games and quizzes makes this forum a far better place for all of us.   Thank you for that. trophy

Message 14 of 25

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @JAZZ-trad and @jonsie and @BobM 

I hadn`t realsied I`ve posted almost 7000 times - but there again I`ve never been short of a word or know when to keep quiet Zipped

I realise that it is not always easy for some to join in with all the quizzes and games but I do appreciate it when folks take the time and trouble.

To be honest, patience is not one of my attributes. The quizzes are never a chore to me. I love to try and find something a bit different and interesting - and if folks enjoy them that`s what counts.

I should add that I am always surprised at the huge number of words, I`ve never heard of, which all the players continue to find in the Word Hunt game. Thanks! 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Congrats on your one year anniversary @Mi-Amigo! I can't believe it's been a year already! smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 25

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 

Yep - one year. But then "they" do say you don`t notice the time when you`re having fun grin

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I know how much work it takes, as I did the White Room Revenge quiz once. Setting the questions was difficult enough...but going through all the replies and posting them, having to add stars and Thinkers nearly drove me insane...So hats off to you matey. Never again for me... nerd

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

Mi-Amigo
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I know how much work it takes, as I did the White Room Revenge quiz once. Setting the questions was difficult enough...but going through all the replies and posting them, having to add stars and Thinkers nearly drove me insane...So hats off to you matey. Never again for me... nerd

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Having attempted to tackle your White Room Revenge questions Confused, I know I`d rather search and set the questions than take on another one [well, not for a while... ]

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's awesome @Mi-Amigo , congratulations on your anniversary! smiling

Fantastic

Message 20 of 25