cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI (Samsung)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Supposedly coming to some phones on 15th November. (S9+ & Note 9) Watch HERE.

Looks pretty good. One handed on the big screens gets a big thumbs up from me with my spacky hands! (Yes I have a doctors note so I can use the term)

edit.. Just read HERE that there was talk that S8, S8+ & Note 8 would get it too but apparently not..

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Some info about ONE UI  for UK users...

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/11/21/samsung-uk-galaxy-s9-android-pie-beta-delay

and one more..

Updated Information for UK users waiting on the Beta

Lots and lots of mis-information regarding the beta so I thought I'd clear a couple of things up.
  1. The beta will be available on all unlocked phones. Even if you got your phone through a carrier it may still be unlocked. In fact I think most are (two exceptions I know of are Three and Vodafone. Feel free to add more if you know any).

2. Reports of the beta going live on the 20th were a mistake, they have removed this information from the One UI faq now.

3. The beta for the UK (and other 2nd wave countries) is currently listed as coming soon. All I can confirm is that this will be between now and January. What I will say is that mid-December is most likely.

4. I've seen a lot of posts about people getting frustrated with checking the Notices section of the members app. Just a quick FYI, the app sends notifications about notices by default. As long as you haven't changed settings and have notifications enabled you don't need to keep checking.

I hope this will alleviate some frustrations.

Thanks.

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 11 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ONE UI Beta for Samsung S9/ S9 Plus is LIVE!!!

..................................................................................................................

One UI/Pie/Android 9.0 Beta test for the UK is now officially… open!

• In the UK, the beta is only available on S9|S9+ devices that were originally bought as network unlocked(otherwise known as BTU/XEU variants).
  • The beta software isn’t the full or final version, so some malfunctions are to be expected and some features may not be present. (See the "How can I send feedback?" bit of the FAQ link above for how to report stuff back to Samsung.)
  • The purpose of beta software is to get our customers involved, knowing the value of real-life testing and feedback that helps us deliver our best at its general release.
  • Always a very, very smart idea to back your data up, along with updating all apps, before participating in a beta. Smart Switch is the officially advised way of backing your data up, but however you do it, just do it.
  • "How do I join the One UI Beta Programme?"  "How to send feedback error reports about the Beta..." and "How to quit the Beta Progamme & restore official software" and other FAQ's can be found Here
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If only we weren't stuck on Android 8
Message 13 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm already on Android 9, it works fine.

update pic, 2 mins ago ONE UI get small update...

Screenshot_20181129-110247_Software update.jpg

Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a security patch.. I got that earlier too
Message 15 of 18

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you also have Android 9?
The patch was the same from November 1 ..

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. I'm still stuck on 8.0
Message 17 of 18

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Slightly off topic..I've turned off updates on my Note 8. Not liking the look of Android Pie, and anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate Oreo! wink Especially since it took away custom SMS notifications. Stupid . Oh and much as I've jumped ship from my beloved HTC lol.. (loving my Note) Their themes are much better and mostly free wink x
giphy-3
Message 18 of 18