Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offended? Yes I for one am!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So the Lord's Prayer advert has been banned from being shown in UK cinemas. 

We are a multicultural society but God forbid we offend anyone not of our faith.

What does this say about the country we find ourselves now living in?

If anyone should be offended it's our own citizens whose grandparents gave their lives so we could live in a free liberal society.

I'm not trying to kick up a political storm here but come on, this is England isn't it???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/church-of-england-bewildered-by-cinema-ban-on-just-pr...

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Our country.... Our rules, or not so it seems.

Definitely no longer our country but a country where it's a crime to speak your mind and show any form of patriotism. I just find it so sad...

My own constituency in Bolton East is made up mainly of Asian councillors, voted in by the mass of immigrants who won't learn to coexist or embrace the doctrine of the country they choose to live in and the enormous benefits that the government bestows upon them. Integration is the key and we would all benefit.

I personally have so many Muslim and Hindu friends and they embrace everything to do with the UK, friendship and festivals alike just as I respect their beliefs and rituals.

Please Mr Moderator, do not delete this thread because if you say it may offend certain minorities then you are no better than the people who think the Lord's Prayer no longer has a place in Christianity.

Amen.

Message 11 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well said mate
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sorry I am a bit late to this debate. I saw this on the news this morning and was gobsmacked to say the very least. I have worked all my life with people of different nationalities, faith and colour. Those people were happy to be here and join our culture... whilst celebrating their own at home or in churches, temples and mosques of their own faith.

I never foisted my religious beliefs on anyone ....in return they paid me the same compliment. It was called mutual respect.

Nowadays it appears to be the pc brigade that assumes offence will be taken. They are the people who are, in the main, responsible for stirring up unrest and trouble 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 36

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes presumption. ...who are these people to deem to know how I think?. They haven't a clue how UK nationals view their idiotic fantasies...we are the people.....not the imbeciles who dictate what is correct and what isn't. Don't they know how they antagonise the average UK citizen? What planet are they on. I go to the Buddhist temple three times a week but I always pray to My God whilst respecting Mauy and her beliefs.

Fact..,,every day Mauy lights a candle and leaves water and food so that Jude doesnt make pain or grief for her. I tell her that Jude would only want me happy but I respect her beliefs and rituals. It's called toleration  which is sadly lacking in the society we live in.

Message 14 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely agree about respect, that alone should tell the moderators to leave this thread alone as it is meaningful to a lot of people, myselfincluded 

Message 15 of 36

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You cut me and I bleed red, white and blue . anyone notice the colours of the Thai flag?

Message 16 of 36

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Midnight here and I need to sleep....I'll check on things come the morning. ...

Message 17 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently "the Digital Cinema Media (DCM) agency, which handles advertising in cinemas for the three major UK chains ..... has a policy of not showing political or religious advertising in its cinemas....."   In light of that policy I wonder if the company will refuse to show advertisements that display the word "Christmas" which has a very influential religious connotation.

Message 18 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess Sky need to remove all the Christmas films off the movie channel too then !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess Sky need to remove all the Christmas films off the movie channel too then !

I think that will be next.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 36