cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

My broadband contract has expired so now shopping around to get the best Fibre Broadband package.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have Sky broadband at the moment but heard their routers are not too good at Fibre speeds?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I've had no problems with Virginmedia, no TM, decent router, spoke to customer service three times about the telephone side of things and all dealt with efficiently and politely with minimal waiting times. What swayed it for me was the overall package price compared to both Sky and BT. 

Message 2 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
We have Virgin Media at ours. 50Mb broadband, and usually get 40+ d/l speeds using their kit. No cap to d/l limit (been told our last few months has been 90+ Gb...)

Pretty good CS wise - normally answer the phone within 5 minutes, get hold of someone that can help and if we need an engineer usually come within a few days.

Good luck!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie but Virgin not available down yer in Devon!!

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Virgin is cheapest in my area but BT is more stable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone.....by the sounds of it im gutted not to have Virgin available.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I changed from Vigin to BT and it suits us perfectly. Everyone has a different need for broadband...dependent on lifestyle. What suits one definitely wont suit another...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
TBF, BT have got some good offers on (Entertainment Plus, Infinity 2 and phone line for about 55 a month) which was tempting.

However the faff to get it all installed made the saving now worth the effort...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sky have offered me 38MB unlimited broadband, Sky Family TV (50 HD Channels), Evening a& Weekend calls and Line Rental = total £42.40 a month......bargain as far as i can see but just not sure about their routers!

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
TBF, BT have got some good offers on (Entertainment Plus, Infinity 2 and phone line for about 55 a month) which was tempting.

However the faff to get it all installed made the saving now worth the effort...

No faff for us. We had it originally...then swapped to Virgin....which got progressively worse for us and needs of the family...so we went back to BT...obviously it was a bit of an upgrade but the initial installation was in place

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15