Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offended? Yes I for one am!

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So the Lord's Prayer advert has been banned from being shown in UK cinemas. 

We are a multicultural society but God forbid we offend anyone not of our faith.

What does this say about the country we find ourselves now living in?

If anyone should be offended it's our own citizens whose grandparents gave their lives so we could live in a free liberal society.

I'm not trying to kick up a political storm here but come on, this is England isn't it???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/church-of-england-bewildered-by-cinema-ban-on-just-pr...

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ridiculous !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am sure we have seen the way the kids nativity play has changed over the years....Some schools wont put it on now. Used to be a highlight of the year for some families...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 36

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We had a black baby Jesus last year !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
We had a black baby Jesus last year !

Brilliant...at least the school put the nativity on. I know of at least 5 schools in this area who won't....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't heard about this.  I'd like to say I'm shocked but sadly not.  I'm not religious but I respect the right of others to follow a religion and hate the way that traditions are being lost in case minorities are offended.

On the subject of Christmas, I hate cards that say 'Seasons Greetings' - what's wrong with 'Merry Christmas'?!

Message 25 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...... what's wrong with 'Merry Christmas'?!

That might offend the recipient(s) apparently. slight_smile

Message 26 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Disgusting how we're so politically correct in this country and so scared of offending anyone that the powers that be end up making us look like we have no culture, history or pride.
I truly despair at how we cave to ideas normally created in politicians own heads "just In case"
Muppets
Message 27 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The awful thing about it is, we the general public, aren't offended. The idiots who speak on our behalf make a presumption that we will be. I am more offended at them and their stupid bigotry....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 36

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems it's not right to celebrate Christmas and it's true meaning. Purely a commercial business now sadly. It's impossible not to notice the number of churches closing and being left as relics of the past whilst there seems to be a new mosque opening every other week as immigration grows, as population amongst ethnics grow due to the added benefits each new child brings. God forbid we should offend their rights to set up their own communities to the exclusion of all others.

Let me say that I'm not racist in any way but I feel so sad about the demise of this once great country. Successive governments are doing their best to take away our heritage.

Message 29 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Latest news on the Prayer advert. The government have openly condemned the decision of DCM to remove it prior to the showing of the film. Many others have also 'heaped ridicule' on the ruling...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12012233/Cameron-adds-to-pressure-over-ridiculous-Lords-Pra...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 36