Off Topic Room 101

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WELCOME to the DUNGEON of the COMMUNITY OFF-TOPIC GANG known as

room-101.jpg

We have members of the Community Off-Topic Gang. We have the Naughty Step.

Now we have our very own ROOM 101, where the members of the Community Off-Topic Gang can banish there dislikes - not people - but events can be banished...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 763
762 REPLIES 762

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

and most chickens have never seen any soup

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 291 of 763

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Chicken soup is one of the best things for when people are ill with gastro-intestinal infections.

So Durr !! rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 292 of 763

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Chicken soup is one of the best things for when people are ill with gastro-intestinal infections.

So Durr !! rofl

I`d love to read the scientific and medical journals which support that theory with eveidence from properly controlled clinical trials.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 293 of 763

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36300 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

So Durr !! rofl

Except for the chicken... Astounded

Message 294 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

So Durr !! rofl

I`d love to read the scientific and medical journals which support that theory with eveidence from properly controlled clinical trials.

Yes I bet you would. No such luck. Just talking from life and nursing experience.....Most of my family have suffered with all sorts of gastric infections and after dry crackers and water, chicken soup is the only thing they can keep down.

Having nursed patients with Clostridium Difficile and Norovirus, same applies to them. CD also requires antibiotics dependent on the different strains of it. That's a different subject however.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 295 of 763

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

While no great lover of any soup apart from tomato, I'll take @Cleoriff's years of nursing experience over any scientific journal @Mi-Amigo

Nurses, in my experience through 4 hospital stays of varying length, knew more about me than any of my doctors. For one thing, they spent considerably more time with me than my doctors.

Now I'm not knocking doctors you understand just saying who spends more time with, and looking after, patients. I had some fantastic and caring doctors. But they saw me once, maybe twice a day, and not every day at that. Nurses, on the other hand, saw me every day throughout their shifts. And it was to them the doctors turned when they wanted to know how I was, before they saw me.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 297 of 763

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Doctors have gone way down in my estimation since I came back here. The doctors in Thailand saved my life more than once. Here I was in hospital for 6 months longer than necessary as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure @Cleoriff will agree with me too.

Message 298 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Doctors have gone way down in my estimation since I came back here. The doctors in Thailand saved my life more than once. Here I was in hospital for 6 months longer than necessary as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure @Cleoriff will agree with me too.

I do agree to a certain extent @jonsie although it was Thailand that messed up the resetting of the bones in your leg and gave you an infection which was fairly new and extremely difficult to get rid of. In the UK they had to try and correct all the mess with your leg and couldn't. Hence the amputation.

I think, due to the agony you were in and how ill you were, you possibly forgot that..

I do agree here in the UK they took a lot longer than necessary to decide to amputate.

(just in case anyone wonders how the hell does she know that, she wasn't there? I was in contact with @jonsie and his sons from the day he had the accident. I got to see the xrays and the injuries from photos... and messenger was a hotline :smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 299 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

PS to get back on topic, that's the reason I wont have chicken soup put into Room 101 relieved

Edied to add: http://www.nutritionnews.abbott/nutrition-as-medicine/what-to-eat-and-drink-during-and-the-after-sto...

Q: For people who are wondering what to eat when they have the stomach flu, what are the best foods for recovery?

JW: This can be hard, because when you're feeling sick, sometimes the last thing you want to think about is eating. But eating can help replenish your energy and what you've lost. The best foods for stomach flu recovery are the ones that can provide your body with what it's missing and are easy to digest during recovery.

• Salty crackers: The salt helps replace lost sodium and chloride, plus they're great for nausea.

• Broth-based soups: The salt is helpful here, too, and there is nothing like chicken or chicken noodle soup to soothe an upset stomach.

• Rice: Bland foods like rice, toast, dry cereal and pasta deliver carbs for energy but are easy to digest.

• Eggs: The protein in eggs provides important nutrition to the body and may be easier on the stomach than red meat or chicken.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 300 of 763