Off Topic Room 101

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25205 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WELCOME to the DUNGEON of the COMMUNITY OFF-TOPIC GANG known as

room-101.jpg

We have members of the Community Off-Topic Gang. We have the Naughty Step.

Now we have our very own ROOM 101, where the members of the Community Off-Topic Gang can banish there dislikes - not people - but events can be banished...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 763
762 REPLIES 762

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

How the hell can they dock us points. Unless his mother kept ringing in and they cottoned on.

They said it was a 'technical glitch'...Sounds like a cunning plan to make us look even more stupid and in the news headlines !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 271 of 763

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36287 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

How the hell can they dock us points. Unless his mother kept ringing in and they cottoned on.

rofl The error was with the Belarus telephone vote I think, but it meant a realignment of scores was necessary. 🤷‍♀️

Message 272 of 763

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25205 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

rofl The error was with the Belarus telephone vote I think, but it meant a realignment of scores was necessary. 🤷‍♀️

They were trying to call 02 Customer Services about the Hauwei/Google fiasco and misdialled joy

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 274 of 763

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've started watching X Factor and The Voice again thanks to @Cleoriff  but don't watch BGT. To be honest I don't mind listening to singers, particularly if they're good, but all the other acts BGT has on are not for me. I remember one year a girl and her dog won, I thought that was just plain weird. 

But Eurovision for us has become a joke. And okay it's not all about the winning but unless it's an established artiste who has their tried and trusted career to fall back on, these newcomers that go to represent us are, once back home, never heard from again. They get few if any points and to me it's just an embarrassment all round. 

I love music, all kinds of music. But Eurovision has become more about politics and trade deals than about music. To my mind the whole show is long overdue for canning. Or, let us at least say non to any more participation and let the European buddies get on with it.

That's my tuppence worth of view laughing

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 276 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

BGT IS weird @Glory1 and that's why I love it probably.

(The girl and dog were Ashley and Pudsey by the way)

I love the auditions where you see the brilliant, funny or just downright awful.

This year we have had some quite stunning magic acts, dance troupes, singers, dangerous acrobatics, etc etc etc.

It's the highlight of my Saturday viewing, so if that makes me sad, then I am Crazy LOLLOL

More info
I'll get you watching it if I try hard enough Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 277 of 763

Mi-Amigo
  • 25205 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I love BGT - except for the dancing kids and Amanda for ever going "ahhhhh" at the little cuties, which is now so predictable its crinch-worthy.

That said, it is what Saturday TV used to be like - variety - appealing to all tastes. OK some of those in BGT auditions are bad, really bad, but against that we have those with a talent. With an interest in magic I find some have left me bewildered and those who endure dangerous acts leave me spellbound.

I wouldn`t vote for BGT to go into Room 101 if anyone proposed it.   

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 278 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I like some of the weird and bad auditions. They make me laugh (at times)

It's shows like this that gave us Susan Boyle Paul Potts and Diversity. I love Diversity, one of the best dance groups I've seen.

Love this with Diversity and Little Mix. Both acts from talent shows.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 279 of 763

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I agree. These talent shows at worst are entertaining and lighthearted and at best wonderful displays of talent that can leave you spellbound.

saying that, BGT is becoming the World's got talent with circus acts and dance groups.

I love listening to choirs of any type, church gospel, barbershop etc. and some good ones perform on BGT.

No way does this go in 101.

Message 280 of 763