• 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
53 REPLIES 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's still O2's fault for not stocking sufficient supplies at Google prices. Dericulous!

Message 41 of 54

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It turned up on the 4th Feb, not bad when I only ordered it 5 days ago. slight_smile

Just having a fumble to find out what it does and how to do it, first glance it's excellent and not too big to handle.

As MI5 said it's seems very quick and responsive, so I'm loading all my apps.

Just looking for some kind of case now to give it some protection.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 42 of 54

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Just having a fumble to find out what it does and how to do it, first glance it's excellent and not too big to handle.

Some great words to not take out of context grin

Glad to hear you like it. I really need to get my hands on some new phones to try out.

going to give us a review?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 43 of 54

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm sure MI5 will be doing that and he has far more knowledge about phones than I do.

Might take it to bed and check out iPlayer, cool!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 44 of 54

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

I'm sure MI5 will be doing that and he has far more knowledge about phones than I do.

Might take it to bed and check out iPlayer, cool!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Enjoy the phone. It's always nice to get a new toySmiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 54

MI5
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

I'm not good with reviews other than "Good" or "Bad". This one is definitely "Good" slight_smile

The more I'm using it the more I'm liking it and finding cool features - like the area code on incoming calls displaying the geographic location.

Multiple customisable lock screens with easy access to apps is soo much better than Samsung's way of doing things (don't start me on Touchwiz) !!!

Photosphere is cool but not sure how much use it will get....?

Battery life is very impressive. I have my works SIM card in so it gets very heavy use. I put it on charge last night with 44% battery remaining. In addition to calls I have facebook, linked in, emails and twitter all syncing. There was also some You Tube surfing etc....

Live wallpapers are interesting and varied (as standard) without having to download additional ones.

I also found a new Twitter app called carbon which looks sexy too slight_smile https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotsandlines.carbon&feature=nav_other#?t=W251bGwsM...

I'll try and make some notes on a word doc and keep adding to it, then I can post it up when complete.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 46 of 54

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I'd agree with you on battery life. Mine is on wifi all day and I can get a couple of days out of it though admittedly, calls are on the low side.

When Google Now! works its fantastic but its a bit erratic for me as it didn't pop up this morning even though I had an event in my calendar to travel. Not that I ended up going but thats not the point wink

I'm really liking Evernote on it so far as well as Paperport (if you have the pc version it makes sense). Other than that the TVGuide app is good though alerts don't work and the M8 sat nav is a cracker for zero outlay however utterly hopeless if you want waypoints. As in, it doesn't have that facility.

However, I've left all my emails/twitter stuff to my Blackberry (leaving gmail on the Nexus) as it does deal with it better in my opinion.

Message 47 of 54

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well it's a big improvement to my HTC Wildfire, it's still alive after a day and of course I've been filling it up with apps.

Thank you to MI5 for spotting Carbon for Twitter which is looking very good and Friendcaster looks better on the big screen.

I had to **bleep** into the O2 shop in Castleford to get a micro sim and adapter (durr, I forgot) and once again top service from this shop.

They gave me the sim and entered the details for the sim swap and when I got back to the car and fitted it, everything was up and running, a total of at the most twenty minutes.

Top service from O2 again. slight_smile

ps I seem to have been bleeped for nipping to the shop! Smiley LOL

Message 48 of 54

MI5
  • 144894 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

ps I seem to have been bleeped for nipping to the shop! Smiley LOL

Need to be careful about that with all this cold weather around wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 54

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Great service from the O2 store perksie.

You seem to be enjoying the new Nexus 4:smileyhappy:

Message 50 of 54