cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : 'Cloud' concerns after celebrity picture leaks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : 'Cloud' concerns after celebrity picture leaks.

"Experts have raised concerns over the security of "cloud" storage sites following the leak of intimate pictures of celebrities.

It is understood some of the images were obtained from services such as Apple iCloud that back up content from devices on to the internet.

Apple is understood to be looking into the issue."

My thoughts :

I understand most things are not secure ,and I use Apples iCloud and DropBox. Let's see how this pans out !

Do you use cloud vaults etc ?

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29011850

More here from idownloadblog http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/01/icloud-hacking-patched-find-my-iphone/
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not entirely related as this is down to cloud services being insecure rather  than actual phones, but I found it funny all the same. The Head of Marketing at BlackBerry should use this:

GrmH3evh.jpeg 

Message 21 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Issue is papadug you have to first find a blackberry phone to take photos on. 😞
Message 22 of 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144523 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27712 Solutions
Clever wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably why the BlackBerry in the pic is on Vodafone wink

Message 24 of 56

Cleoriff
  • 123036 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably why the BlackBerry in the pic is on Vodafone wink

Well there is that of course LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is secure nowadays...most of our devices can be hacked even Blackberry...

We have to be responsible of our own privacy and obviously companies have to protect us, as the police protects citizens. But if in your real life you won't open the door to a stranger or leave your things unattended, why do that on your virtual life?

Message 26 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...most of our devices can be hacked even Blackberry...

Do you have a source?

The problem is that it is the companies that we trust to protect our data and information that need to do more to protect what we give them to store. There have been far too many hacks, leaks and breaches from insecure cloud systems, software and storage.

As I already mentioned, it also needs to be tougher to carry out social engineering on these types of account. There is no point in enforcing a complex password if all someone else needs to know is my mothers maiden name and my date of birth so that they can reset that password!

Message 27 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree with you, I think companies (including Blackberry) are already investing a lot  to improve on how to protect our data and information. Sorry about my post before, but I meant all devices in general.

Message 28 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha no need to apologise, I just thought you had news that hadn't broken yet that BlackBerry 10 had actually been hacked (which it hasn't to date)!

Its the vendors of online storage in this instance that need to improve on how they protect our data and information, rather than the phone manufacturers. This isn't the first case of a vulnerability in the process of accessing users data stored in the "cloud".

It also isn;t restricted to Apple or Android devices as BlackBerry 10 also had integration with Dropbox pictures can be automatically saved to the cloud if the option is selected.

However I have done some digging on this today and it does seem that iCloud is rather easy to gain access to. I'm not going to name the process or any websites but the information is out there.

Message 29 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't use cloud storage myself so it doesn't worry me that's why I have to have a phone with a big memory card
Message 30 of 56