Did you mean: 

Movies in November

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

It's another month with another great batch of movie releases! In last months thread we discussed a variety of films and I managed to catch Halloween at the cinema. I thought it was a fantastic sequel to the original film and I'd highly recommend it for any horror fans out there! smiling

November wise I'm looking forward to Overlord which revisits the zombie theme in a world war 2 setting. 

I'm also interested in checking out Creed II a sequel to the 2015 reworking of the Rocky franchise. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and The Girl in the Spider's Web both of which look great from the trailers. 

So, what about you guys? What are you hoping to see this month and do you have any recommendations for the rest of us? cool

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 16.56.51.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald. My type of film joy

Your type of film?

Why, is Johnny Depp in it by any chance?

Message 11 of 60

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@dgilbert2@ComaChameleon@Cleoriff I'm really looking forward to Fantastic Beasts it looks like a lot of fun! 

@Anonymous I saw the American remake which was really good but I've yet to see the Swedish versions. I hear good things about them though. 

@gmarkj it's hard to find the time! My closest cinema is right across town so it takes up pretty much the whole evening. 

Edit: 

One more film I watched was Outlaw King on Netflix. All about the Scottish independence and Robert the Bruce. It was a decent flick and I'd recommend it if you like historical movies.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald. My type of film joy

Your type of film?

Why, is Johnny Depp in it by any chance?

Of course he is.....not very good either.... if every review I read is to be believed fearful

(Though he seemed ok at the end of the last film...but then I am oh so biased ):joy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Anonymous I saw the American remake which was really good but I've yet to see the Swedish versions. I hear good things about them though. 

I think a lot of people would say that they prefer the Swedish versions, probably because they regard Noomi Rapace's portrayal of Lisbeth as being the best. In the Hollywood remake, Rooney Mara despite being an American actress is surprisingly convincing in that role though, and apparently she was very disappointed not to be considered for the new film. It's tough on Claire Foy, as comparisons with the other two are inevitable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWpZt8roR3E

Message 14 of 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

None of the Dragon films did justice to the books but I like the look of the latest film.

Message 15 of 60

foocindy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Halloween - hmmm not for me - would get nightmares for weeks - just like after I watched Girl with Dragon Tattoo.

SeVEN - it took me 3 tries to understand and 3 times with one eye closed.

I re-visited Omen I II III - not that scary any more - nostalgic

I refuse to re-visit Exorcist I II

I re-visited Vicar of Dibley (gettng married) a few times becos I gave this thing for Richard Armitage. Watching him in BERLIN rght now.  Berlin is nothing like Homeland - Homeland stlll my favourite with GOT second.  I told me hubby some of the nudity is not even necessary - and he asked " ... and your point being? ... " haha

Anyone with a thing for Richard Armitage - should watch period movie "North n South"

Message 16 of 60

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

OMG, I watched SeVEN once, years ago. Did my head in for days. Never been back dizzy

Message 17 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

OMG, I watched SeVEN once, years ago. Did my head in for days. Never been back dizzy

It was shocking @dgilbert2, though a second viewing doesn't have the same shock factor. (I know as I have watched it 4 times!!)

Brad Pitt... Mmmmmmm Drool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 60

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It was shocking @dgilbert2, though a second viewing doesn't have the same shock factor. (I know as I have watched it 4 times!!)

I'm not even going there to see if your right. I'll stick to Eastenders wink

Message 19 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've read the Millenium trilogy and own the 3 films, Swedish versions, which I prefer as they're more in keeping with the books. 

Am looking forward to Halloween as I've heard good reports from several friends.

I've also watched 7even about 4 times, at least, @Cleoriff after the first viewing, which was in the cinema for me, agree it loses it's shock value. But I love the film and not just for Brad Pitt. I love Morgan Freeman, who is, in my book, a brilliant actor, and Kevin Spacey was excellent as the killer.

Also a big fan of the Omen trilogy. Saw the first 2 films back to back in one of my local cinemas, years ago.

And as another big Harry Potter fan looking forward to the new Fantastic Beasts film.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 60