Did you mean: 

Moon Knight discussion thread 🌙

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey everyone,

Marvel's Moon Knight has been released on Disney+ today! There are six episodes in total, being released every week on the streaming service. 

Oscar Isaac stars as Marc Spector / Moon Knight, a mercenary who has dissociative identity disorder, with Ethan Hawke and May Calamawy also starring. You can watch the trailer here:

I used to avoid anything related to Marvel, as I thought the storylines and whatnot had become oversaturated. But, admittedly, I have grown to like and love a lot of the films and TV they've released. This includes the first episode of Moon Knight, which I watched on my lunch break earlier 😉.

I'm going to post my thoughts on the first episode in a spoiler tag on a comment below! 

I would love to hear what others think of the series. Theories? Thoughts? Opinions? Can't wait 🌙.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My first episode thoughts:

More info
I thought this first episode was great!

I've always liked Oscar Issac as an actor. In Ex Machina, he gave an amazing acting performance. But, I still think he's yet to reach those heights he could yet. In Moon Knight though, his acting is unreal 👏. He definitely sells the dissociative identity disorder very well.

I think Ethan Hawke was great too, and this first episode in general was a really good opener to the rest of the series. It was funny, interesting and original. It seems Marvel is really enjoying exploring the more supernatural themes of the MCU too. So, it'll be interesting how everything continues to connect.

The CGI could have been better, maybe, if I was forced to try and think of something I didn't like as much?

Also, the Avatar? The blue people. I love them! quote 😂. Great episode.
Message 2 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Am looking forward to seeing how (if) this ties into any of the other Marvel films/series.

Have just started watching the Netflix Daredevil again. Going to go back over all of those as I haven't seen everything yet (missed the second/third season of most of them, and both Punishers).

More info
Did you catch the Blade reference at the end of Eternals?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 17

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey, @gmarkj. I think they'll manage to tie it in somehow, Oscar Issac is a big actor to leave out IMO. Loved the Daredevil series too. I haven't actually seen Punisher, to be honest. I remember when it was first coming out and thinking Jon Bernthal was perfect casting, so may have to get on it!

More info
Yes, did catch that! Could go in so many directions with it. The MCU is truly never-ending 😂.
Message 4 of 17

mavros_kyknos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I agree. Great first episode!

I really liked how the audience is drip fed the idea of two entities in control of the same body, until it is explicitly revealed. I tried not to read too much about the story beforehand, so I'm really enjoying the mystery that is being spun. Looking forward to the next episode.

I also went to see Morbius yesterday. Admittedly, not my favourite Marvel film ,but still enjoyable. I'm keen to see how the current batch of Sony Marvel films (Venom and Morbius) cross over into MCU. I suspect it will be something to do with the Multiverse (and Dr. Strange). Lots of exciting stories for us to enjoy soon.

The Foole doth thinke he is wise, but the wiseman knowes himselfe to be a Foole.
Message 5 of 17

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I agree @mavros_kyknos it was done really well - I enjoyed the "jumps" in what was going on, and how they ended the first episode.

They weren't kidding when they said this was both different and darker than anything else they have done so far!

@mavros_kyknos wrote:

I also went to see Morbius yesterday. Admittedly, not my favourite Marvel film ,but still enjoyable. I'm keen to see how the current batch of Sony Marvel films (Venom and Morbius) cross over into MCU. I suspect it will be something to do with the Multiverse (and Dr. Strange). Lots of exciting stories for us to enjoy soon.

I finished watching No Way Home last night. Probably my favorite of both the Tom Holland Spiderman films, and I think the best out of all of them.

There were plenty of things that could lead further, or might not go anywhere at all (let's hope they DO go further!), and the first credit scene tied into the Sony Spiderman universe.

Apparently there is a scene in Morbius that ties back to Spiderman too (not seen that yet, but will get there soon)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 17

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Watched the third episode earlier today, @gmarkj @mavros_kyknos! Thoughts below (some spoilers, so only read on if you've watched it):

More info
I really enjoyed the first two episodes, especially with how the story was being built up. I think initially I was worried about the CGI, but there was a big fight scene in this third episode that delivered massively for me. I thought it was so good. It makes me want to see more of Marc and Steven in their costumes though... But I'm enjoying all of the characters in the story. Ethan Hawke has been great too, but now that I've had a taste of these big fights, I'm hoping Ethan's character or another one can deliver that later in the season versus Moon Knight. 

The rest of the episode was brilliant too. I'm loving how deep it is diving into Egyptian history, however accurate it may be 😂.

Hope you're both enjoying it, still!

Message 7 of 17

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I'll catch the new episode tonight @lewys-gp .

Spoilers for ep2 below.

More info
Really liked the suit that Steven had, and the landing when he fell out the window. Thought it was a great nod to Black Widow with him falling over after!

Message 8 of 17

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I didn't even pick up on that, @gmarkj! Good eye. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about episode three.

Message 9 of 17

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Caught up on the latest episode, @gmarkj @mavros_kyknos!

More info
Wasn't sure what to make of this episode, as it's very much like a dream sequence and whatnot. In the end, I really enjoyed it. Very interesting to learn about the character's origin. 

Got to say as well, Oscar Isaac is such a good actor!!! He manages to make the Steven and Marc characters so different from one another. He's brilliant.

No clue what is going to happen next, so am very excited.
Message 10 of 17