Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M9S Android TV Box

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Arrived today.....it wasn't expected until earliest Tuesday on free delivery so well done Amazon !!

I'm guessing Mobdro, although showing in the apps, needs to be updated as it won't load any channels.

What's the best/correct way...D/L to memory stick on computer then upload to M9S or is there a way of D/L direct to M9S ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Beenherebefore So it is working well so far? I may have found another way to do this on my PC thanks to another site and just need a long hdmi lead from PC to tv 

but it I guess it depends on distance PC to tv !!

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 31 of 91

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@gmarkj Most devices should downscale via hdmi so better to stream the 1080 feed less bandwidth used

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 32 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Would the 4k stream display on a 1080 TV?
We have reasonable (20-30Mbs) broadband. If that provides the best picture then I would just use that.

Yes.....but obviously only as HD rather than UHD......same as SD displaying on an HD or UHD.

That connection should be more than adequate.

Message 33 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Yeah. That would make sense @adamtemp64 & @Beenherebefore.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Sorry to keep pestering, but is there much delay between choosing a feed/stream and it playing? My OH is not the most patient of people and @Cleoriff mentions some latency...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 34 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

On one progamme, it was running about 3 minutes adrift of the TV broadcast, but I've not tested it on a live broadcast such as football or F1.

I'll try this on Friday when F1 Spa practice sessions will be on.

Message 35 of 91

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There will always be some latency issues. Back in the UK watching a sky game on TV and on the laptop there was a 30-40 second delay on WiFi through Sky Go.

Its the same here when watching F1 via satellite in the bar, it runs a lap behind the UK so using the thread on here I'm usually updated before I actually see it.

Message 36 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Spooky !
Message 37 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkj There is no delay when actually watching any programme.... I know this for a fact as when in Spain using Mobdro and watching F1 I could comment about the action at the same time as everyone else who was watching it via Sky in the UK. The slowness I referred to is in relation to channel changeover. It isn't immediate as per UK. It loads the stream which takes a couple of seconds. 

Edited to add...I have been using my WiFi box in Spain since May of this year. The only thing (with Mobdro) is that you need to remember to check for updates

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Sorry all, should have been clearer.

I know that there (sometimes) is a delay in feeds, but what about time from choosing channel/program to it starting?

Are there occasions when what you are watching buffers?

The worst thing that can happen is that we are midway through something and it either stops completely or goes into start/stop mode...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 91

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I've not noticed any buffering even on my 10Mb connection.
Message 40 of 91