Did you mean: 

Love Your Pet Day!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Today is international Love Your Pet Day! I know there's no shortage of pet lovers here on the O2 community but today is the purr-fect day to show a little extra love to the critters in your life! 

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 14.53.56.png

I'm going to be giving my kitties a little extra for dinner tonight in the form of some fresh roast chicken (they're favourite)!

Will you be doing anything special for your pet today? Perhaps an extra long walk for the dog or a new toy for the cat? Or do you have a more non traditional pet you're planning something special for today? Let us know below. smilingdogcatrabbit

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124090 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7507 Solutions

As I had no idea there was an international pets day @Martin-O2, I won't be doing anything different.

My cats usually get a treat of chicken at the end of the evening anyway..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Extra long fuss @Martin-O2yahoo 

Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 10926 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 353 Solutions

And me?  @Martin-O2

I'm looking after my 270 Red mason bees who are still sleeping ~ their treat will come later! Lots of fresh juicy nectar. 

The fox gets a treat every night as she goes on her rounds.The Birds get fed every day and have fresh water too,  they all keep me very busy (except the sleeping bees at the moment) but have been getting their new nesting boxes and tubes ready for the end of March.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TallTrees wrote:

And me?  @Martin-O2

I'm looking after my 270 Red mason bees who are still sleeping ~ their treat will come later! Lots of fresh juicy nectar. 

The fox gets a treat every night as she goes on her rounds.The Birds get fed every day and have fresh water too,  they all keep me very busy (except the sleeping bees at the moment) but have been getting their new nesting boxes and tubes ready for the end of March.

How lovely to have a fox visit you each evening @TallTrees ... I've not seen a fox before only in photos / tv ... I do love them as my avatar shows 

I feed 2 flocks of sparrows which live in the hawthorn hedge alongside the Leeds Liverpool canal near where I live 

I didn't know it was Love Your Pet Day today either ... I shall hug my cat Marty all the more later this evening before he settles down at the bottom of my bed on a fluffy dressing gown I have now lost to him Cat

Message 5 of 9

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 10926 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 353 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  (yes see your little fox in photo)

This family of foxes have been going through the garden for years.  

Enjoys a small peanut or jam or honey Sandwich every night! Just a snack

to keep her going.  The little ones play on the front when they are old

enough.  

I absolutely love those cheeky little Sparrows sadly on the danger list

with the RSPB  Those little Sparrows are so cheery makes my day when they are chirping

and boy can they Chirp!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff chicken every day! That must be one happy kitty! cat

I gave them both a mega fuss @Marjo

I'm pleased you're both taking care of the local wildlife @TallTrees, @Anonymous. I had a couple of foxes living in my garden for a while. I'm hoping to see them again this summer. 

@TallTrees When do the bees wake up this year? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 9

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25334 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2I don`t have any pets now, but have had dogs and cats - all rescued.

@TallTreesbless you for feeding the fox. I used to have a vixen come into the garden where I used to live and I`d put something out for her. I remember on one occassion she brought one cub with her and didnt move when I went to the window to film her on an old silent Super 8 camera I had.

To everyone, its so nice to know there are so many cariing people out there who are doing their bit for the creatures we share this planet with slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo It's great you had rescue animals! So many need a good home but a lot of people want that cute kitten or puppy. I was looking at adopting but in the end my Uncles cat had 2 kittens that needed a home so I took them in. My much older cat was not impressed at all! laughing

signature

Message 9 of 9