cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter X Games: do you follow winter sports?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

It was interesting to hear about your preferences when it comes to Tennis earlier, and as there's now another sports event starting this week, the Winter X Games in Aspen, I'd love to hear if you also follow this one or if you're interested in any of the winter sports included in the event! Smiley Happy

I wasn't familiar with this myself before looking into it further just now. Did you know they also have music gigs at the X Games? I saw at least Lil Wayne, Kygo, Chainsmokers and Louis the Child listed in the schedule. music

There's many types of winter sports happening (you can see a full schedule here), most likely not all of them televised though - for example:

• Snowboarding
  • Skiing
  • Slopestyle skiing
  • Snowboard slopestyle
  • Snowmobile freestyle
  • Snow BikeCross
  • Snowskating
  • Snow hill climbing
  • Snowbiking

Are you interested in any of these sports? Any other winter sports that you follow and/or have tried yourself? I did a lot of cross-country skiing and ice skating in my childhood as they were mandatory winter activities at school, but haven't done anything since many years ago. Perhaps I might go ice skating sometime this year. slight_smile

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Marjo

Not really interested in any winter sports unless it's the Olympics. Then I will occasionally watch Skiing, the Skeleton and Ice Skating...(none of which are featured in the X games) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo

Not really interested in any winter sports unless it's the Olympics. Then I will occasionally watch Skiing, the Skeleton and Ice Skating...(none of which are featured in the X games) wink

Same here @Marjo. I do like watching the ice skating in the Olympics, pity it's not included.

Interesting that ice skating was part of your school curriculum. Explains why Saara Aalto is so comfortable on the ice in DOI. Mind you, you certainly get the weather for ice skating in Finland and throughout Scandinavia laughing

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @Glory1

I also used ot watch Ice skating (back when I had TV), I found it so graceful and mesmerizing ... the profesionnals make it look so easy, yet whenever I have tried to ice skate myself it was quite a challenge joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I used to follow figure skating quite a lot - had a big crush on Evgeni Plushenko as a teenager and wanted to skate like him. yahoo

His performance from 2010 Olympics below. From 1:35... the music he performs with here is also one of my favourites:

Message 5 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I used to follow figure skating quite a lot - had a big crush on Evgeni Plushenko as a teenager and wanted to skate like him. yahoo

His performance from 2010 Olympics below. From 1:35... the music he performs with here is also one of my favourites:

@Marjo he is amazing. I can see why you had a crush on him. He was quite cute and what a skater!!

Message 6 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff @Glory1

I also used ot watch Ice skating (back when I had TV), I found it so graceful and mesmerizing ... the profesionnals make it look so easy, yet whenever I have tried to ice skate myself it was quite a challenge joy

It looks easy when the professionals do it because they practice, practice, practice @EmilieT

I tried ice skating in my teens. The challenge for me was remaining upright; I a$$ skated far more than I ice skated LOL

Message 7 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

The challenge for me was remaining upright; I a$$ skated far more than I ice skated LOL

LOL almost spilled my coffee

Message 8 of 25

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff @Glory1

It looks easy when the professionals do it because they practice, practice, practice @EmilieT

I tried ice skating in my teens. The challenge for me was remaining upright; I a$$ skated far more than I ice skated LOL

@Glory1 I can somehow relate joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sadly I didn't get as far as that @Glory1

My one and only attempt saw me hanging on to the barrier for dear life. I circled half the rink like this  then fell into the escape gateway....

That was it. Tried it...never again

I was good at roller skating though. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 25