Did you mean: 

Live Music in 2018

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Morning folks,

Sorry I've not been around much this year so far, work has been rather hectic and life keeps getting in the way!

Having bagged myself tickets for Def Leppard in Liverpool for December via O2 Priority this morning, I'm definitely feeling the love for live music right now! 

Just thought I'd see what gigs people are most looking forward to this year, and who has been successful in bagging those all important tickets so far?

I rediscovered my love of live music last year, after a gig hiatus which stretched over far too many years. I think finally making it to the hallowed fields of Glastonbury is what did it for me, and now I'm hooked again much to my credit card's disgust.

2018 started off with the Bootleg Beatles playing Celebrating Sgt Pepper Live with the full Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra a couple of weeks ago, which was an absolutely sensational show. I've seen them a few times before, but this blew everything else out of the water, even their Glasto set. Most I've ever paid for a tribute/covers band though scream

Next up is Sigrid in March, a discovery from Glastonbury who really was quite unexpected, such a memorable afternoon spent listening to her in the Park field that I can't wait to see her again. 

April starts out with Tiny Moving Parts at one of my favourite venues, the Deaf Institute in Manchester - it's a lovely intimate little music hall, with a cracking bar and bistro/restaurant underneath. At the end of the month will be the first gig trip to London of the year, to see one half of Oasis (Noel).

Into May I'm checking out Nina Nesbitt on the recommendation of a music loving friend, and then ending the month at Bearded Theory festival which will be 4 days absolutely packed with amazing, often unheard of acts. 

June is a bit bonkers, packing in The National right at the start of the month in London, followed by a Manchester weekend of David Byrne and Foo Fighters on consecutive nights, and then back down to London for the last weekend for the other half of Oasis (Liam) and then Queens Of The Stone Age. Seriously considering trying to catch Jack White on the Thursday too, but budget doesn't really allow at the moment.

Have to ease off a bit in July as we go away at the end of the month, but I do get one weekend of entertainment with Roger Waters and Eric Clapton playing Hyde Park which should be incredible. 

After that, nothing until Def Leppard in December...which is probably a good thing, as I'll need a few months to recover. LOL

Looking back at all of that, it really is no wonder I'm poor! Anybody want to buy a kidney? Haha 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

T-Rex is not bad! Thought the name rang a bell so I took a look in YouTube and yes I've heard some of these songs before. slight_smile

Not forgetting Marc Bolan who was pretty gorgeous....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Was hoping to see Myles Kennedy on his solo tour, but enough said about that in the Ticketmaster thread I started last week.

Thinking of going to see Trivium in April, and possibly Download Festival in June.  Nothing bought yet though.

Download Festival would be amazing @welshsteve76! I saw Marilyn Manson live a few years ago in one of his concerts and wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I went to Download last year, only on the SUnday though, mainly to see Alter Bridge, and it was really good. There are some good bands this year, but still weighing up the cost to be honest as it's not cheap.

Metallica are likely to be doing it next year, so I might wait until then.

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Moody Blues ... are my fave band ... have seen them live 3 times many years ago ... they have not that long ago re-formed & are touring but recent rumours are that one of them has had enough ... & I don't think anyone can blame him

Image result for the moody blues imagesRelated image

Also The Bootleg Beatles 

Yes, they came to 'hick town' Skipton many years ago ... they were great

Image result for Bootleg beatles images

Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Moody Blues are still touring @Anonymous though not in the UK. They are doing some dates in the Netherlands. They will be without founding member Ray Thomas as he died last month slight_frown

Justin Hayward is still with them, as is John Lodge and Graeme Edge.

http://www.moodybluestoday.com/tour/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

The Moody Blues are still touring @Anonymous though not in the UK. They are doing some dates in the Netherlands. They will be without founding member Ray Thomas as he died last month slight_frown

Justin Hayward is still with them, as is John Lodge and Graeme Edge.

http://www.moodybluestoday.com/tour/

Thank you @Cleoriff ... sorry to hear about the recent death of RayThomas slight_frown

Have read the blue link you posted & have signed up to the group's mailing list 

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Right!! Here we go. I said earlier in the thread Pink Floyd are one of my favourite bands of all time.

I also said I had seen some very good Pink Floyd Tribute Bands. Then I came across this. .smilie_frech_065:

A random group butchering Comfortable Numb....Oh the pain....Horrified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16