cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KKO MOBILE CHARGES ON MY O2 BILL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any sucess getting a refund from O2 / KKO Mobile for charges added to their montly bill? Apparantley I have had over £230 charged to my O2 bill since October 2013 and I cannot tell you how FURIOUS I am.

I received a text message from O2 on Wednesday 24th September 2014 which states:

"Hi, you recently bought something from MyDoo International by charging it to your mobile bill. We would like to ask you a few questions about using this service"

I have rung 02 on 3 seperate occassions and all I have been advised so far is to contact KKO Mobile as it is nothing to do with O2.

The only person at O2  who has had to decency to help me is a Live Chat advisor who has 'raised an investigation' for me.

Any information would be useful before I go to the Financial Ombusdman.

Thanks

A FURIOUS O2 CUSTOMER

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been a few years since I had to do a basic course on british contract law, but I seem to remember you can not be said to have entered a contract but NOT doing something. I'm sure you have to agree to the contract, not just 'not opt out' .
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I certainly wouldn't let this rest either.

As I suggested in the earlier part of the thread PhonePayPlus would be the avenue to try and perhaps e mail and or pen a letter to the CEO of that company too.
Message 12 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123392 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's been a few years since I had to do a basic course on british contract law, but I seem to remember you can not be said to have entered a contract but NOT doing something. I'm sure you have to agree to the contract, not just 'not opt out' .

Problem is now that companies make this very confusing. There is always a tick box which needs careful reading...in that some state 'Tick box to opt out'...or others will state 'Tick box to allow etc etc etc'..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Designed to confuse people deliberately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Given the total amount charged to your bill, £230 in 12 months, I would be pursuing whatever avenues available to try and retrieve this.

However, it does highlight the need to check your bill each month for every charge. This would have been sorted in November last year. I wish you all the luck in the world to sort this out.

Message 15 of 15