cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jony Ive’s new look for iOS 7: black, white, and flat all over?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just came across this interesting story about the upcoming iOS 7 update for iPhone's, iPad's iPod's.

It would seem that appearance wise there is going to be a fair bit of a visual change to say the least, from what we are used to, along with a fair few new features too.

A lot of people expected more new features with iOS 6 and it seems that with iOS 7 we might get some.

Personally, I feel confident that the final version will be good has I find Jony Ive a very talented man. Jony Ive was responsible for the design of the iPhone, the new iMac along with a whole host of other Apple products past and present.

I expect that if the visual change is as different as what we are used to seeing, that there will be some people who will not like it, but its impossible to keep everyone happy I suppose.

Apple have announced that there having a Keynote speech on the 10 June at the WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) and its expected that iOS 7 will be announced at this event, which as been the case for past iOS software updates.

What do you guys think about this article?

http://9to5mac.com/2013/05/24/jony-ives-new-look-for-ios-7-black-white-and-flat-all-over/

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
So they are expecting an iPhone release in September/October, not June/July as rumoured
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Weather app looks nice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought that too. Will make a nice change & hopefully way better than the failures of iOS 6
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So they are expecting an iPhone release in September/October, not June/July as rumoured

The iPhone 4 was announced June/July at a WWDC keynote, but the 4S and the iPhone 5 have been September, October releases. It's possible for a June, July release I suppose, but I think it will be a bit later.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Weather app looks nice.

Yeah it does.

From where I've read elsewhere, some people were saying the lack of textures to the apps and some of the icons (such as the leather bound on the iPad Notes app and the other apps that have textures) could make the visuals of the OS a bit bland. But at the end of the day its the user experience, and how the OS runs that's the main thing. How the OS looks is lesser important I think.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Will make a nice change & hopefully way better than the failures of iOS 6

Yeah it will.

iOS 6 was more of a tweak than anything else.

I'm looking forward to what's coming from Apple during the remainder of this year, with iOS 7, and the new Mac OS looks good from what I've read, and also the new iPhone.

Message 7 of 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Looking good:)

I love a GUI overhaul with some new toys:)

never understood adding a theme and releasing it as a new version (looking at you windows 8!)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was looking at a flat iOS theme a few weeks ago !

Looks rather nice.

Not sure yet wether I'll lose my jail-break for it tho !
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the past when I did jailbreak my iPhone, it was for SB Settings. I used to use this to provide me with quick access for enabling/disabling Airplane Mode, WIFI.

I was glad to read from the article that:

"Apple is testing other widgets for Notification Center.  Apple is testing a dedicated, easily-accessible panel for WiFi, Airplane Mode, and Bluetooth toggles".

Message 10 of 16