cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is our education system failing the majority?

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9741500/Millions-of-adults-have-maths-skills-of-a...

What are your views?

Do you think the education system is failing the younger generations?

Or is it the students who are failing themselves?

As you all can probably already guess. I believe the latter to be true. I think you can only get an equivalent to what you give in regards to efforts put into education.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think it's a bit of both, many youngsters don't see their own education with the sense of it being a privilege rather than something to pass the time until they leave school.

Many teachers don't seem able to instill a sense of inspiration either unfortunately.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think society and the govermental policies over the last 25 years has finally caught up with this generation. 

My friends boy tonight was complaining about doing his homework and said why do I need to know it when I can just google the information. Sums it up really. 

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ey dint hav no edjukashun innit

Ok so i carnt reed gud or nuffin but thats knot like impotent izzit,

b sidz - i dun alrite an evryfin - wot wiv been the chanslor of the excheker an all.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ey dint hav no edjukashun innit

Ok so i carnt reed gud or nuffin but thats knot like impotent izzit,

b sidz - i dun alrite an evryfin - wot wiv been the chanslor of the excheker an all.

chavSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

I don't speak lower than lowest class sorry:P(future morlocks ;)) I think that was in support of more education:)

I had to double check the screen name haha didn't believe it was you:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chav - me?

I wish slight_smile

But seriously folks...

I try really hard not to be judgemental but truth is - I need subtitles to follow what some people are talking about these days.   

I could actually go for the idea that there's no need to remember facts when you can call them up online in a couple of seconds - but only if that was being used to free-up brain-room for more important things.  Unfortunately, what we've got is a generation that regards Wikipedia as the fount of all knowledge and believes that Stella is beer.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

nobody studies properly these days

Message 8 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
"and believes that Stella is beer." Best comment I've ever read:D

Sometimes I believe it would be beneficial to implement a mandatory autocorrect before allowing people to post things. (Myself included).
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stella is like catnip for chavs.  Even normal people Hulk-out after a couple of pints of that poncy bilge-water - selling it to Daz, Baz and Kev is just asking for trouble. 

Mark my words, ten years from now there'll be a major problem with flooding in the UK and it won't be caused by global warming - it'll be down to already over-stretched drains being blocked up with discarded brain-cells and stomach linings.

And don't get me started on blokes who drink bright blue or pink stuff through a straw - WKD should be renamed as WNKR.

Okay - going for a little lie down now - just popped a blood vessel slight_smile

Message 10 of 14