Did you mean: 

International Tiger Day

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hello hello!

Today is International Tiger Day! As it's the  Year of the Tiger as well, its especially fun to highlight the news this year.

July 29th has been designated as a day to bring awareness to these amazing creatures. With more knowledge about conservation efforts, programs around the world have been working hard to raise their numbers and save their natural habitats. 

pexels-amiya-nanda-774544.jpg

This year some fantastic news has just been reported: It's now estimated 3,726 to 5,578 tigers currently live in the WILD worldwide! This is up 40% from 2015, according to a new tiger assessment from the International Union for Conservation of Nature. 

This big jump can be attributed to the fact that researchers have just gotten a lot better at counting them. I love that the wild is still and a wild and unknown place that surprises us every day!

By saving tiger habitats, we're preserving huge natural landscapes which benefit so many other creatures and even the humans that share these places as well.

Are there any natural places near and dear to you that you think can be improved by conservation efforts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122770 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I love big cats @Breanna and far too many are becoming endangered. Education of those people who think it's a great idea to hunt these lovely cats would be a good idea. Also, the idiots who pay vast sums of money for the skin and teeth of big cats should be shot!

It's lovely to hear that the Tiger population is increasing.

tigers-67577_1280.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Cleoriff I may or may not have been thinking of you when I saw this on the calendar 😉.

I grew up in the countryside hunting and foraging. Conservation and education is so so important. Never understood trophy hunting myself. And still unbelievable people are still poaching endangered species. 

Message 3 of 3