Message 1 of 150
149 REPLIES 149

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
The question will always be do we sell it in Euros...or GBP....

If debit/credit card transactions for ordinary purchases are any indicator, the advice is transact in Euros rather in GBP as the currency exchange process locally is worse than in UK.

I have proved this true with my Nationwide debit and credit cards.

Do you use a Forex dealer for transfers to your Spanish bank a/c ?.....they would advise the best option.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 61 of 150

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
And Spanana no doubt
Message 63 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:
The question will always be do we sell it in Euros...or GBP....

If debit/credit card transactions for ordinary purchases are any indicator, the advice is transact in Euros rather in GBP as the currency exchange process locally is worse than in UK.

I have proved this true with my Nationwide debit and credit cards.

Do you use a Forex dealer for transfers to your Spanish bank a/c ?.....they would advise the best option.

I was hoping you would rock up tongue Yes I realise that change has occurred since the vote to leave happened.

I don't use anyone to put money into my one bank account in Spain. I go so frequently I put it in myself.

After the debacle with my electricity bills which took over a year to sort I only ever put enough in to cover any direct debit. If I am overcharged they can't take the money if it isn't in there...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 150

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So you draw out euros from an ATM using your NW debit card and pay it into your Spanish bank a/c ?

I keep a minimum in my Spanish a/c but I use HiFX for transfers. I have online access to my Spanish a/c and HiFX is also an online transfer process.

HiFX is much cheaper than using NW to make an international SWIFT transfer from my UK a/c.

Message 65 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

So you draw out euros from an ATM using your NW debit card and pay it into your Spanish bank a/c ?

Yes normally.....unless I have the euros from Travelex 'happy hour'

I keep a minimum in my Spanish a/c but I use HiFX for transfers. I have online access to my Spanish a/c and HiFX is also an online transfer process.

I dont have any reason to transfer any funds. I pay only DD to Endesa. Community fees are paid whilst I am in Spain as are taxes.

HiFX is much cheaper than using NW to make an international SWIFT transfer from my UK a/c.

Something to remember....but have no need for it currently

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 150

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I have a number of DDs going out at various times : water quarterly, electric bimonthly, alarm monitoring quarterly, car insurance, contents/building insurance so I keep a weekly check on my account balance.

It would be nice to have it simple like yours Cheers

Message 67 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Difference between having an apartment in a community and a 25 bed villa with 10 acres of land I expect LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 150

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

My concern is whether to transfer my money into the Thai bank account or leave it in the UK where rates are currently crap but safeguarded.

Message 69 of 150

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Not forgetting the maids butlers and gardeners you have to pay Mwahahaha  @Beenherebefore @ :dance-smiley03

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 150