Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S MOTHERS' DAY TODAY IN UK.

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received a small but luxury box of superior chox and lovely card from my son and daughter-in-law via Moonpig = Sooo Wonderful.

We may not all be Mums, but  we all have a Mum.

My mum made 90. She left us about 2.1/2 years ago and instilled such strength in me and my younger sister. With my sister it is visible on the outside. with me I'd like to say it is on the inside - my sister had a good laugh when I said this when we were looking after our mum. Not to leave Dads out - my dad made 86. He had prostrate cancer which spread to his bones. Mum had a cardiac arrest / stroke, she wouldn't have known anything about it, which is a blessing.

I Miss My Mum More Not Less xx

Quality Mum / Daughter times out in a cafe having a light bite and cuppa together.

In later life = quality quiet times together both of eyes closed dozing in her living room - just simple things like making mum a cuppa in her favourite mug and how she loved lemon curd sandwiches. Her appetite was declining, but she did like sweet things - I'd regularly bring her a box of liquid cherries in dark chocolate. I am really proud of my mum. I got the chance to tell her every time I went to see her that I loved her - don't remember saying to dad that I loved him, but mum comforted me then by saying 'Your dad knew'

Enjoy Today Everyone XX 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123038 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I've had cards and flowers from both sons. Also a lovely surprise, more flowers from my hairdresser.

She says I'm like a second mum to her. I was very touched. 

I think about my own mum a lot today xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff, all mums should relax and enjoy today as it only comes around once per year. 

Stay safe and take care. 👍 

Message 3 of 6

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2196 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to say ... ... ... 

It is usually about the 3rd week June for FATHERS' DAY xx slight_smile

Not everyone is a Dad, but we have or have had a Dad.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 4 of 6

Pipstop78
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 555 Posts
  • 232 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I got a new pink top from my daughter but no card nothing unusual never seen to get one but I brought my own mum 2 jigsaws and a new nightie for mums day she loved them 

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@RunrigForever wrote:

Just to say ... ... ... 

It is usually about the 3rd week June for FATHERS' DAY xx slight_smile

Not everyone is a Dad, but we have or have had a Dad.

The third Sunday of June, so Sunday 16 June 2024. 👍

Message 6 of 6