cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder if this policy will cross the pond?

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Three have already dropped roaming charges for a number of countries where they have a sister network..... A recent report suggested that the other UK operators would be doing the same.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

That would be very good news. Let's see if O2 follows suit.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I have a dream....one day roaming charges will be abolished throughout the free world!

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowly starting to creep in, great news.

As stated three already do this for UK customers, so it has started.  Hope the rest follow quickly!

Message 5 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As long as they don't recover the costs elsewhere.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Three's rationale was that were no costs involved.... They had partner networks so it cost them the same as domestic services..... The issue will arise when it is forced onto all networks and all countries without partners.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly moving in the right direction.

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

About 2 years ago I rang the WWE Head Office in Stamford, Connecticut because I wanted to try and get a press pass to do a report on an event in Sheffield, England. They wouldn't let me do it, in fact I got the impression they didn't really get what I was on about, I mean yeah OK most Americans think a Yorkshire accent is Scottish, but come on even I dont talk that rough.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144603 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

About 2 years ago I rang the WWE Head Office in Stamford, Connecticut because I wanted to try and get a press pass to do a report on an event in Sheffield, England. They wouldn't let me do it, in fact I got the impression they didn't really get what I was on about, I mean yeah OK most Americans think a Yorkshire accent is Scottish, but come on even I dont talk that rough.

Totally lost me now Smiley Indifferent

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15