Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Who has been watching I'm a celebrity get me out of here?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cleoriff I don't see any comments in this thread that are anti-reality show that say you are less intelligent. Just as you have a personal opinion, so do the people who don't like those shows. There's obviously a place for them because many people watch them. I just don't happen to be one of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Fair comment @Bambino 

Oh and just so you all know, there is a new one starting tonight called X Factor: The Band. Guess what?

I will be watching that as well LOL

Edited to add, I know many people do watch these programmes, though just wont admit to it openly. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Problem is that the line between a talent show and a reality show has become blurred. Most of the shows listed by @Cleoriff  are talent shows (always have been a staple of television programming) whereas in my eyes, a reality show is something that follows you daily or for an extended period. Nothing wrong with that as it can be fascinating but unfortunately in some shows the "cast" are far too scripted and contrived and only out to make money by exaggerated behaviour. 

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I agree the lines have become blurred @sheepdog 

It doesn't help when voting for your favourite show prior to an awards programme, that all those I listed are 'lumped' into the Reality section.

One award show does differentiate by dividing them into Entertainment and Reality.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25145 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To chuck my twopennyworth into the discussion, I admit to liking some, but not all, entertainment shows. As some of you may remember, I contributed to threads on Great British Bake Off; Britain`s Got Talent - Champions; the new Dancing On Ice; but it also, probably, well-known I`m not a fan of Strictly, or The Voice - but there are many members who are. I not only choose to avoid watching those programmes which I don`t like but also not to post on the threads on such TV shows on here. While there is room for everyone opinion and for discussion, comments on any TV show can still be with respect. Surely, it would be a boring place if we all enjoyed the same thing?

I would also add, in my opinion, there is a world of difference between variety shows - as mentioned - which may feature celebrities or have celebrity editions - and reality shows on the lives and life-styles of celebrities - such as Love Island, Made In Chelsea, The Only Way Is Essex, etc - none of which I would watch?

Oh and yes I will be watching X Factor - The Bands, and its rival show on BBC with Little Mix which will be screened later...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I thought I was the only person who never watched Love Island. Whistle

Certainly never watched Made in Chelsea or TOWIE.

As for First Dates...I would rather stick pins in my eyes. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I thought I was the only person who never watched Love Island. Whistle

Certainly never watched Made in Chelsea or TOWIE.

As for First Dates...I would rather stick pins in my eyes. LOL

All of them....crass tv

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread

I enjoy Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing On Ice very much

My time is limited for tv watching due to vaious reasons ... yes, I am up to date with paying for my tv licence innocent

It's all down to personal choice ... & ... thank goodness it is

I enjoy the posts on tv programmes like I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, even though I don't watch them ... eg don't like witchita grubs lol

Message 18 of 18