cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long have you had your number and how attached are you to it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been interested in mobile telecoms for quite a few years, all the way from the phones to the network components themselves and so I've participated in a number of forums and was even part of the moderation team on one (closed a few years ago now)

The forum in question covered all of the networks and we'd try and advise people what to do if things weren't going smoothly and there were also discussions about network and handset developments.

One of the things people used to sound off regularly about was when number ports took a long time or didn't work.

I've had mine for about 15 years and I've moved it around quite a bit (it started life on Virgin Mobile) and I like it as it's easy for me to remember if I need to give it out but it probably wouldn't be a major disaster if I had to change it, unlike for example a tradesperson.

So how long have you had yours and would you get upset if O2 or ofcom said you had to change it?

Mobile operators can do this for technical reasons or on the order of ofcom.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I've had mine for about 5 years now and I'd rather keep it for as long as possible ... I had to change my number only once before and my memory took ages to adapt to the change sweat_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wouldn't like my phone number to change ... can't think how long I've had it ... it kinda rhymes, so is easy for me to remember ... also ... what a pain it would be to inform my contacts eg friends & say the online companies I deal with 

Message 12 of 14

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have mine (the Telekom-one) since 17 years, got it with the first "Xtra Pack" incl my Nokia 3310 and never changed. Just went from prepaid to contract in 2016.

My (own) landline I had since like 2003 went missing when we changed the company (but the family-number my parents got in the 80's stayed).

Can't understand how people can always change it

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I change mine whenever I get the chance to! As long as it’s easy to remember.. I’m not fussed what number I’ve got!
Message 14 of 14