Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home In Lyrics - Beatles` Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the seventh in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

HOME IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is a list of home-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find the song, or songs, in which each word appears.

The Challenge is open to everyone - new members and long-time members.

Most people will know some of the Beatles` songs, so whether you have an extensive collection or not, why not come and join in. I`m sure that the other regular players will make you feel welcome.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other home-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but to find the songs in which the words in the list appear.

Should you find any of the words in the list are in songs which are not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision.

Answers which are "live" recordings; in BBC sessions; Polydor records [My Bonny or Ain`t She Sweet];

bootlegs; unreleased tracks; or only in the Anthology series; or in Revolution 9, are not accepted.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [home-related word] in [name of song it appears in].

This Challenge will open at 10pm tomorrow [Thursday 30 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 10pm Friday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after 11pm up to 10pm the next day.

The list of home-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 372
371 REPLIES 371

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I agree about the LOCK @pgn ...I'm beatled out looking for that one. T'will be a miracle if it's found innocent

PS I thought it was on World Without Love...then realised the Beatles gave that away to Peter and Gordon rolling_eyes

I'd discounted that one too as never recorded by them in the timeframe.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 341 of 372

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I agree about the LOCK @pgn ...I'm beatled out looking for that one. T'will be a miracle if it's found innocent

PS I thought it was on World Without Love...then realised the Beatles gave that away to Peter and Gordon rolling_eyes

I'd discounted that one too as never recorded by them in the timeframe.

Yes that too. One of the best songs the Beatles gave away in my opinion...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 342 of 372

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I’m pretty sure they regretted it!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 343 of 372

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It was a very good song but Paul wrote it and apparently the other three didn't like it.

Message 344 of 372

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

They gave away over twenty songs, including I Wanna Be Your Man, for the Rolling Stones. They just did things like that in those days. I'm sure they didn't regret any of it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/04/22/the_beatles_give_their_songs_away_the_lennon_mccartne...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 345 of 372

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Just in case anyone's interested, I just spotted this on Titter:

https://twitter.com/McIntyre_Ents/status/1139536950426292225?s=09

If you've not got a Titter login, event details for England here:
https://hornseyroad.net/

Message 346 of 372

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HOME IN LYRICS CHALLENGE: the results for pm sent to me before 10pm Saturday 15 June 2019.

Five players sent me a pm with their answers for "home":

@Glory1 : All I`ve Got To Do; Please Mr Postman; Matchbox - all three correct

@MI5 : Matchbox; Please Mr Postman - both correct

@Cleoriff : All I`ve Got To Do; Please Mr Postman; Matchbox - all three correct

@pgn : All I`ve Got To Do; Please Mr Postman; Matchbox - all three correct

[also pm`d in same message - I Got A Woman; Lend Me Your Comb; Memphis Tennessee - all BBC live recordings, so not accepted]

@Bambino : Matchbox; Please Mr Postman - both correct

@jonsie : did not send a pm with answers.

Taking into account the answers sent by pm and all correct answers given during the Challenge, I can give the results for each player and announce the winners:

joint 1st: @Cleoriff  with total of 18 correct answers [15 in Challenge + 3 on list in pm]

joint 1st: @Glory1    with total of 18 correct answers [15 in Challenge + 3 on list in pm]

joint 3rd: @Bambino with total of 17 correct answers [15 in Challenge + 2 on list in pm]

joint 3rd: @MI5  with total of 17 correct answers [15 in Challenge + 2 on list in pm]

joint 3rd: @pgn  with total of 17 correct answers [14 in Challenge + 3 on list in pm]

6th: @jonsie  with total of 14 correct answers in Challenge [no pm sent with answers]

The winners of the Home In Lyrics Challenge are @Cleoriff and @Glory1 

Congratulations. Thank you to all the players for taking part.

As for the answer to "lock", I have given the answer in the post below.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 347 of 372

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I thought @pgn already gave all I've got to do as an answer yesterday?

Currently using:
Message 348 of 372

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

RESULTS for Friday 14 June 2019:

Six players - @Cleoriff ; @MI5 ; @jonsie ; @Glory1 ; @Bambino ; @pgn - have posted answers for today:

@Cleoriff    - HOME = When I Get Home    - correct

@MI5           - HOME = Kansas City               - correct

@Glory1      - HOME = Slow Down                - correct

@Bambino  - HOME = Rock And Roll Music - correct

@jonsie        - HOME = You Know What To Do [can`t accept as not released with timeframe of Challenge, later included on Anthology 1]

@pgn [after answer already given by @Cleoriff ] - HOME = All I`ve Got To Do - correct 

As some players still have answers on their lists, then each player can pm me with all of their answers for "HOME" and, if they have it, the missing answer for "LOCK".

You have until 10pm tomorrow night [Saturday] to pm me with your answers.

I will then post the results for all of the answers for each player; give the answer to any unsolved; total up the number of correct answers for each player [inc correct answers pm`d to me], and declared the winner tomorrow after 10pm.  

Thank you all for playing.

As there is no "fastest finger first", and players are not aware of what others have pm`d, you can now pm your list of answers to me.

Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 349 of 372

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So that's 4 of us joint 1st then.....

Currently using:
Message 350 of 372