• 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 181 of 190

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Google's problem is excusable, it's what happens when software is made for thousands of different configurations. As bob said once in the ios vs android thread, it's the problem with a fragmented os.
Apple on t'other hand configure for under 10 configurations and still screw it up.
Oh well, at least the nexi qualcomm networking cpu firmware has been correctly optimised on the os,
Isn't it the same network cpu as the in unoptimised,problematic iphone?
You know... I think it is...
Message 182 of 190

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124210 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Google's problem is excusable, it's what happens when software is made for thousands of different configurations. As bob said once in the ios vs android thread, it's the problem with a fragmented os.
Apple on t'other hand configure for under 10 configurations and still screw it up.
Oh well, at least the nexi qualcomm networking cpu firmware has been correctly optimised on the os,
Isn't it the same network cpu as the in unoptimised,problematic iphone?
You know... I think it is...

@viridis   For me...you may as well be speaking in tongues with that explanation....However I am absolutely positive that it makes total sense to those folk as intelligent as your good self in terms of mobile phone technology...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 183 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

I regret updating my iPad to iOS 8.  Since I've done it I've had found Safari randomly closes, when I type in Safari a letter appears and then the keyboard disappears, letters are slow to appear when typing, wifi is still slow and they are the only things I can think of!  I really regret updating and wish I'd stayed on iOS 7!

Message 184 of 190

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Everyone expected so much better from Apple - It's been a total disaster which still isn't sorted now, weeks on.
There is yet another patch undergoing testing at the moment.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 185 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

You could try restoring the iPad and set it up as a new device.

If it still lags then it could also be hardware related.

Which iPad do you own please ?
Message 186 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

You could try restoring the iPad and set it up as a new device.

If it still lags then it could also be hardware related.

Which iPad do you own please ?

I hadn't thought about restoring it, I'll try that tonight Smiley Embarassed.  The stupid thing kept freezing last night.  I definitely didn't have this problem before the update.

It's the predecessor to the iPad Air which I think was the 3rd generation.  I've just realised that I bought it from John Lewis so got a 2 year warranty so if there is an issue I could look into that.

My phone and iPad are both asking me to update to 8.1.1 but I'm scared to now!

Message 187 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe iPad 4th generation ?

Link -> http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT5452

Apple try to make sure that previous generations run the latest iOS release as best as possible and as many as the new features as possible.

The way I look at it is the iPads and iPhones that are released with the current iOS8 on them will run them more efficiently as the A Chips are enhanced to run the newer iOS.

So as most iDevices will run the newer iOS their hardware have not been specifically made to run it , ie : if a person is updating from iOS 7 to iOS 8,
which is where sometimes the device may not be as snappier.

Does that make sense 😄
Message 188 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does BoB! Being cynical I'd decided that it was a ploy by Apple to make people buy new iPads and phones!
Message 189 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Traceyjs1975

That is a thought held by some Yes, however on balance they (Apple) do try to make newer iOS versions more compatible with previous generations of iDevices , thus trying to make it less fragmenated than other platforms on other manufacturers handsets.

They can do this because iOS is written by Apple for their hardware.

It's down to the end user to define when their hardware has run its course.

ie; I've friends using the iPhone 3GS on iOS 6 and loving it.

No argument from me. 😄
Message 190 of 190