‌🌕‌ ‌🌖‌ ‌🌗‌ ‌🌘‌ Happy Lunar ‌🌑‌ New Year ‌🌒‌‌ 🌓‌‌ 🌔‌‌ ‌🌕‌ ‌

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Happy Lunar New Year! 

🌕‌ ‌🌖‌ ‌🌗‌ ‌🌘‌ ‌🌑‌  ‌🌒‌‌ 🌓‌‌ 🌔‌‌‌🌕‌ ‌

The Lunar New Year, also known as the Chinese New Year marks the first new moon of the Lunisolar calendar. 

pexels-pixabay-236601.jpg

For each lunar year there’s a correspondent animal from the Chinese zodiac. The Chinese zodiac consists of 12 different animals and cycles over 12 years. 

The 12 animals are:

Rat 🐀

Ox 🐂
Tiger 🐅

Rabbit 🐇

Dragon 🐉

Snake 🐍
Horse 🐎

Goat 🐐

Monkey 🐒

Rooster 🐓

Dog 🐕

Pig 🐖

Today the Year of the Water 🌊🐯 Tiger begins. The tiger symbolises prosperity, bravery, wisdom, strength and power. 

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing pandemic, this year's festivities in London's Chinatown were cancelled. Nevertheless, many other activities to celebrate the Chinese New Year are taking place, you can check some of them here. Also, a number of online activities are happening, which you can take a peep at by following #CNYLondon on social media channels.

Do you know which animal corresponds to the year you were born? My Chinese zodiac sign is the dragon 🐲

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Happy Lunar New Year, Rafa! Gong Hei Fat Choy 🐅.

I was born in the Year of the Rat 🐀, which I think has a lot of negative connotations because of the animal! But, apparently, it means some of the following:

Optimistic, energetic, sensitive but stubborn with their own opinions. Kind, but may have weak communications skills. And also, we're apparently a bit tight with money too 😂💰.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've been watching Gok Wan on this morning. He was cooking meals for the Chinese New Year @RafaC .

In Birmingham they are on the streets with the 'Lion'...although as you say, there is no full ceremony.

My lunar animal wasn't the magnificent Tiger unfortunately. I'm stuck with The Monkey. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting thread @RafaC 

I was born in the Chinese year of the Ox - whatever that means 😂

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@RafaC wrote:

Do you know which animal corresponds to the year you were born? My Chinese zodiac sign is the dragon 🐲

Rooster - whatever that means!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35236 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Just call me Smaug. 

Or Puff, now I think on it 😖🤣

Message 7 of 12

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

As I'm no expert on the subject, I tried to find the meaning behind each animal and have found this:

@lewys-gp 🐀 - you're right, apparently those who have their Chinese zodiac sign as the rat have every quality you've mentioned plus 'ambitious, charming, resourceful and critical.'

@Cleoriff 🐒 - apparently being stuck with the monkey is not a bad thing, as qualities associated with it are : entertaining, intelligent, optimistic and sociable.

@Mi-Amigo 🐂 - apparently it means that you can be diligent, gentle, hardworking, reliable and patient.

@gmarkj 🐓- roosters are associated with being adventurous, charitable, funny and loyal.

@jonsie 🐅 - it's the year of your Chinese zodiac sing! I won't repeat myself as the qualities associated with this sign are already listed on the post slight_smile

@pgn ‌🐉‌ -  a dragon like me! I agree, I think I'd rather be Puff than Smaug 😂 -  and apparently we tend to be outspoken, energetic, generous, intelligent and perfectionistic.

Message 8 of 12

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Year of the dog for me! 🐕

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 12

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Martin-O2 🐕 - you may be helpful, honest, trustworthy, unselfish.

Message 10 of 12