Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good deed of the day.........

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

So, this morning, I popped into Lidl for my daily breakfast croissants and upon reaching the checkout I noticed a little old lady in front of me packing up her shopping.....

Her bill came to 51 euro and 50 cents.

She meticulously counted out her change which unfortunately only came to 50 euro 45 cents.

Now she didn't want me to help her at all, but I insisted and we had all her shopping back on the shelves in no time at all DanceLOL

What was your good deed of the day?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
What a twonk!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Twit ? 

Hassle you don't need, defs.

Message 22 of 27

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I put my neighbours bin out last night as they are away...
Glad you sorted out the jobsworth @jonsie!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 23 of 27

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oik, effin', perrick (,twonk, twit).... What language are you speaking there @jonsie? Spaced

As we say here... "Was für Arschgeigen!" (ass-fiddle XD)

Today I went to a club (they help people to get care-money they need) and bought a new senior-mobile with granny. Hope she can cope with it...

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 24 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Ah, the backside violin, a most musical instrument at times, @ComaChameleon tongue_closed

I let someone jump ahead in the security queue at the airport earlier this week. Shame she got the full *let's have a look in here miss" treatment from the person with the job of sampling all fluids in the "little zip lock bag of everything under 100ml", whilst I was waved through without so much as a second glance... 

I was wearing a Star Wars tee-shirt and got a detailed account of how to build your own light sabre from the guy helping me through... And a "May the force be with you" as I donned my shoes afterwards... 

Message 25 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I do appreciate airport security....I really do.

However there are some jobworths about. I say this as some who travelled to Spain every 6-8 weeks and knew all the 'tricks of the trade'.

I still got stopped at UK borderforce nearly every time. On two occasions it was for sugar in a tupperware container. Apparently it looks like fluid on the scanner. Another time it was for daring to have more than one lighter in my bag. (On other occasions it was fine apparently).

Once I was taking a hot water bottle over. (I know but it was the dead of winter and really cold). Out that came as there were a few drops of water left in it. Once I had my handbag whisked away as they found traces of tobacco in it. They had to test to make sure it wasn't wacky baccy.

Also why do you have to take your laptop out of its bag, Just why?

Anyway if you think thats bad, you need to try getting through customs when you are entering the US.

Bear in mind you have just landed and are on the way to your villa. In Florida they take lighters off you as you are exiting the airport.!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 27

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

US customs must be the worst in the world closely followed by Australia! No sense of humour at all and the female officers are completely ignorant, usually about 5'5" and just as wide.Its insane, you get through security in the UK with a few lighters and 100 ml of after shave but US immigration take them off you. Why? Makes no sense but you can't reason with them. 

Message 27 of 27