[Game] Word Hunt Diamond - information

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First, the bad news - there will be no Word Hunt Diamond game this week

The good news - next week we will be celebrating an anniversary with

Word Hunt Diamond Silver Jubilee

Unbelievable, next week sees the 25th Word Hunt Diamond game.

Since the game started on 27 August 2019, there have been 24 Word Hunt Diamond games.

The players have , between them, not only found a total of 1701 words in the lists in the source used for the 24 games, but, in addition, have found a staggering 631 words not in the list, which means that between you, you have found 2332 words in 24 games.

My sincere thanks to each and every one of you who has taken part in one or more Word Hunt Diamond game. It has been an absolute pleasure to search out and organise these games and hope that all of you have had as much fun playing as I have run them. 

The Word Hunt Diamond Silver Jubilee game will be posted next Monday 6 April.

During the week, I will search for a game with 60 words in the list in the source [to fit in with the title "Diamond"] with 25 words which are harder to find [to fit in with "Silver Jubilee"].

I hope that the "regular" players, and as many new players - inc the new O2 Gurus and new members - will join in tracking down the words in the Word Hunt Diamond Jubilee game. 

The Word Hunt Diamond game will, hopefully, continue weekly from then on.

Thanks again, everyone, for making this such a popular game

Bow

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

To be honest @Mi-Amigo  I think you have made the right decision.

In this unprecedented time of post after post after post, I doubt anyone would find the time.

If it overlaps the WRQ then we may find ourselves in dire straits!

Will miss it but hey ho. I think we need to look at this week by week.

We all need Off Topic games etc for some light relief.....but we don't want the added pressure.

Looking forward to next weeks though. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Definitely not the right time at the moment I hope admin were joking about games too.

The quiz by Den will have to wait until it dies down on here about 9pm.

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Definitely not the right time at the moment I hope admin were joking about games too.

I shall put the WRQ up first thing tomorrow morning @jonsie  (which is April Fools day) clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

To be honest @Mi-Amigo  I think you have made the right decision.

In this unprecedented time of post after post after post, I doubt anyone would find the time.

If it overlaps the WRQ then we may find ourselves in dire straits!

Will miss it but hey ho. I think we need to look at this week by week.

We all need Off Topic games etc for some light relief.....but we don't want the added pressure.

Looking forward to next weeks though. heart

Thank you @Cleoriff 

My wish is for new week`s Word Hunt Diamond game to provide a little light relief in these times of doom and gloom, but without adding to the stress incurred due to members of the Community having to tackle the never-ending stream of questions from O2 customers. 

As to the next White Room Quiz, I will review the situation at the weekend before deciding whether or not to post that as well next week, and will, of course, take into account any and all comments by the "regulars" and members of the Community.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I don`t think a certain admin was joking @jonsie . But will have to wait and see what his response is to my question about that. I can quite understand your comment about it not being the right time.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is enough stress without games thrown into the mix which you feel you should be joining in.

Message 7 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There is enough stress without games thrown into the mix which you feel you should be joining in.

I don`t want anyone feeling they should be joining in any game and certainly don`t want to add to any stress.

In the circumstances, it might be wise for the Word Hunt Diamond Silver Jubilee and the next White Room Quiz to be put on hold until the current situation with members having to deal with customers` questions has been adequately addressed and the pressure has been relieved. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As someone who plays both I do think the Word Hunt Diamond takes more time and energy (in my opinion) as you are constantly looking for and listing new words.

The WRQ on the other hand, is put up and does give people a lot more time to think about their answers.

Having said that, I'm thinking of putting the WRQ online at 00.01 tonight/tomorrow. It will be April 1st, also it will then give anyone an opportunity to see it ...if they are up late (or early) Then it gives people nearly 48 hrs to get the answers to me?

What do we think?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

As someone who plays both I do think the Word Hunt Diamond takes more time and energy (in my opinion) as you are constantly looking for and listing new words.

The WRQ on the other hand, is put up and does give people a lot more time to think about their answers.

Having said that, I'm thinking of putting the WRQ online at 00.01 tonight/tomorrow. It will be April 1st, also it will then give anyone an opportunity to see it ...if they are up late (or early) Then it gives people nearly 48 hrs to get the answers to me?

What do we think?

Totally agree with your comments @Cleoriff 

I am more than happy to arrange a White Room Quiz for next week - rather than a Word Hunt Diamond for the reasons you gave.

As to your WRQ if you are happy enough to post the questions at 00.01 [given it`ll be April 1st], and will allow everyone a lot more time to check out the questions before pming the answers, I think it is a great idea.

Thank you for thinking about the games and quizzes - much appreciated  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 14