Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Game] Word Hunt Diamond - Game 4

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Word Finders and welcome to the Word Hunt Diamond.

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted with a target number of words to find using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s grid is as follows:

T

R       I

C      D     O     

S       N

U

This week`s target is 67 words [including plurals] using only the letters in the diamond.

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter D.

No proper names are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, DOOR wouldn`t be allowed].

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter D

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

There is one nine-letter word using all the letters in the grid. 

Regular updates will be given on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found

Last week, seven players - @Cleoriff ; @EmilieT ; @gmarkj ; @pgn ; @jonsie ; @Bambino ; @AnnieM -

found all 59 target words, and four of them found an additional 20 words not in the list in the source used in compiling the game.

I hope you will play along with this week`s Word Hunt Diamond and that other members, including new members, will join in too.

Can you, the members, bust this week`s diamond and also find additional words?

Good luck everyone 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 216
215 REPLIES 215

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12125 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Hi @gmarkj 

Unfortunately DOC is not allowed as only three letters [needs to be four letters or more]

Note to self, read the rules!

Was going to suggest the plural DOCS but given all the words have been found i guess I'm a little late... 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 191 of 216

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@AnnieM 

Although the game has ended - with all 67 words found, it would be amiss not to answer your post.

TONDI is not in the list but is in Merriam Webster dictionary [a circular painting] so counts as another word not in the list.

@BobM 

Thank you for your kind words. Sorry you missed out on playing earlier.

@gmarkj 

DOCS was not in the list but, as it is an abbreviation and a word in its own right in dictionaries, it would have been accepted as another word not in the list.

Therefore, with TONDI found by @AnnieM and DOCS found by @gmarkj the number of words not in the list rises to 26.

I have always enjoyed words and these games, as I`ve said previously, are a real pleasure to research, organise and run. I am only too pleased that so many of you want to play. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 192 of 216

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Great game @Mi-Amigo . As usual I enjoyed playing it. Look forward to the next one. Handshake

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 193 of 216

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff . Pleased you enjoyed playing Handshake

The Word Hunt Diamond game is open to everyone.

As this [game 4] was a little trickier [with singular and plural of some words], I did some research over the weekend and can offer a couple of options for the next game [game 5]:

Target = 58 words [with no letter "S"] with loads of five-letter and four-letter words

Target = 73 words [with no letter "S"] with some more obscure words and good mix of six-letter, five-letter, and four-letter words

The "regulars", and new members and those who have not played before who are considering joining in, are welcome to give their choice and when you would Game 5 to start.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 194 of 216

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I'm easy with either of those @Mi-Amigo 

However, I suppose you have to bear in mind, this one found 26 extra words.....so you have to figure that in as well. Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 195 of 216

AnnieM
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 114 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for letting me have the ‘bonus’ extra word, @Mi-Amigo  yahoo

That was a good game. I’m happy for either of the suggested next games; I love solving them regardless.

Message 196 of 216

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4445 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Likewise, I'm happy with whatever you or the others decide.  thumbsup

I'll try to participate a bit more in the next one, but unfortunately I won't always be around to do it.

Will do my best though.  

Message 197 of 216

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff ; @AnnieM ; and @BobM for the feedback.

In my opinion, I think the 58 word target game might be more fun - with more obscure words, and, as it is the Singapore F1 this weekend, the next game - Word Hunt Diamond game 5 - should start on Monday; if everyone is OK with that...  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 198 of 216

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Monday is fine with me @Mi-Amigo thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 199 of 216

Cleoriff
  • 123217 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

PS, unless there is a wordsearch on the horizon. Sadly I can't cope with both tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 200 of 216