Did you mean: 

Forum Problems.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @RafaC @lewys-gp 

AS I can't find the 'Forum Development and Bugs' thread I'm having to start a new one here..

Not sure what's happened overnight on the forum but Off Topic has disappeared (apart from the pinned threads)

The Dancing On Ice Thread

Formula One

White Room Quiz

Word Association

Word Hunt Diamond

are just five of the massive amount of topics which have disappeared.

Not only OFF TOPIC but all sub forums posts are missing if they aren't pinned

I can access them if I have a recent email or notification but other than that there is nothing to view.

I tried typing 'Forum Development and Bugs' thread into search bar and it wasn't recognised.

@Mi-Amigocan't find the WRQ thread.

Can we please have this pinned else it will be lost?

Also @pgn  and myself noticed there was nothing at all in the unread posts this morning.

Has there been a major problem overnight?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The only way I found this thread is because @Cleoriff tagged me in Virtual Lounge with link to this thread.

I got notification of tag in Lounge and found link to here.

This is a disgrace and is another example of the problems which have arisen ever since the platform provider messed around/changed the forum.

Interestingly this has happened on Friday morning, so what`s the betting by the time it gets reported nothing will be done over the weekend and we`ll have to put up with this until next week ? Am I over-reacting ? Prove me wrong and get it fixed - today [FRIDAY]   

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've asked for it to be pinned in Off Topic @Mi-Amigo so we don't lose it again.

Just ridiculous really. If it isn't pinned, or in your emails., the thread has disappeared. Just mention various members here

@Mi-Amigo @pgn @MI5 @madasaf1sh @TallTrees @BobM  @gmarkj @blissgirl @Spenny @RunrigForever @ComaChameleon @viridis @Martin-O2 @RafaC @lewys-gp  and anyone else I've missed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

I hope admin pin this thread and all those tagged get the notification of it.

Once again it is we the regular users of the Community who have to highlight the problems and bring it to the attention of the admin.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

It's not just off topic.

Every subforum is missing posts that aren't pinned

Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I realised that after I started this thread @viridis.😁 I've edited my first post now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all! So sorry about the disruption. It looks like there was an update carried out just after midnight, which may have caused this issue. @Martin-O2 is in contact with them now to hopefully fix it ASAP. 

Really appreciate you creating this topic, @Cleoriff, which has now been pinned. And for @Mi-Amigo pointing out the issue in the Virtual Lounge too. I'll post another update here once we know more.

Sorry again. And we'll have a think about temporary solutions too, so please feel free to let us know any ideas you have. For example, we could possibly pin more posts for the time being, like the ones you've mentioned Cleoriff, if we can access them. Thanks.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @lewys-gp 

A lot going on with Dancing on Ice and Formula I 2022 over weekend so those are two which can be pinned. Also @Mi-Amigo's WRQ which is having results posted today?

Unfortunately I have to go out for 3 hrs now so will be back at 12.30(ish)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I was looking on somewhere to see if the Community was as we say in IT FUBAR'd, 

And who approved a change on a Friday, that is bad change control..

As I coudn't see anywhere to post...  

Also this is another issue -  you cant see who last post..

madasaf1sh_0-1645781292373.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 19

Mi-Amigo
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the info @lewys-gp . Look forward to update.

As @Cleoriff suggested, pinned WRQ for Wed would be useful. I can then do answers, results and awards later today.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 19