Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula1 2016

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Channel 4 has taken over the terrestrial viewing for Formula 1 after BBC opted out of the contract.

I love F1 and am a bit dubious as to how successful this will be. However they have stated there will be no adverts during race time (thank god)

Yesterday they officially revealed the presenting team......

David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Alain Prost, Alex Zanardi, Susie Wolff, Karun Chandhok, Eddie Jordan and Bruno Senna; alongside seasoned live presenters and journalists Steve Jones, Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.

It also says Guy Martin will be making appearances

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-unveils-expert-formula-1-presenting-team

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,991
1,990 REPLIES 1,990

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Yes, @Cleoriff, a few American drivers would do F1 a world of good. We've had a couple of good ones in the past, but none at the moment. Maybe if they made F1 a little less boring by bringing back refueling so teams could really have race strategies instead of everyone running on pretty much the same tyres which excites me about as much as watching paint dry, then it might generate a little more interest with American audiences.

I am sure F1 will soon have an American driver of note. I watched the Race Of Champions based in Miami last weekend. Although it wasn't F1 the US fielded a team of damn good drivers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1971 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Breaking news. The US will be running a street race. Chase Carey new CEO of F1..says Liberty is looking to add a race on the streets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami or Las Vegas on top of the existing annual United States Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

http://www.wthr.com/article/formula-ones-new-owners-plan-us-street-race

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1972 of 1,991

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Carey ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1973 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Carey ?

Yes it's Carey so will go back and edit. Sadly they call him Casey in the link...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1974 of 1,991

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Jim's Dad LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1975 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Didn't take long. Another F1 site in the US currently being considered

"We'd like to [have a second race]," Carey told CNBC. "The U.S. is clearly a real opportunity for us. We didn't acquire the business depending on U.S. success, but there are real upsides for us in the U.S. market.

"What we'd like to add is a race in a destination city -- New York, LA, Miami or Las Vegas -- a place where people would come to for a week-long event that has multiple dimensions with the race at the centre."

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18543998/f1-targets-second-us-race-destination-city

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1976 of 1,991

jonsie
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Everyone knows the best car chases are in San Francisco.....now that would be a great street circuit!

Message 1977 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

FIA tweaks driver penalty rules for 2017

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/1/fia-tweaks-driver-penalty-rules-for-2017.html

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has modified the regulations regarding penalties ahead of the 2017 season, meaning that drivers will now only be punished if it is absolutely clear that they are at fault.

Under the new procedures, race director Charlie Whiting will still report incidents to the stewards as before, but from there the stewards will have the choice as to whether to launch an investigation or not.

"It shall be at the discretion of the stewards to decide if any driver involved in an incident should be penalised,” article 38.2 of the sporting regulations now states.

"Unless it is clear to the stewards that a driver was wholly or predominantly to blame for an incident no penalty will be imposed."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1978 of 1,991

jonsie
  • 93268 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Lets hope they tweak the stupid rule about how many engines or transmission units you can use. Now the drivers are penalized for a team's inadequacies.

Message 1979 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 124207 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Lets hope they tweak the stupid rule about how many engines or transmission units you can use. Now the drivers are penalized for a team's inadequacies.

I hope Liberty make it more of an even playing field if honest. Some of the smaller teams can't afford that many new engines or power units. Currently everything favours the teams with a great deal of money...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1980 of 1,991