Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

What better way to start the new F1 thread than wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 34th Birthday

Image result for Images for Happy Birthday Lewis Hamilton

Here's hoping for a great season and another world championship for the lad from Stevenage

Get In Lewis trophytrophytrophytrophytrophy and hopefully trophy

PS: New cars are revealed from February 12th. Testing starts February 18th..

Season starts in 10 weeks. March15th Australia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 685
684 REPLIES 684

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
PS.. where was your Brazil round up? (I know you were away but I love reading them!!)

TBH @Anonymous I didn't watch it properly till Monday night and after the weekend away I was shattered.

It actually was a brilliant race with Verstappen completely bossing it and going on to win. Lewis was on for 2nd then clipped young Albon (losing the poor lad a podium), Gasly from Toro Rosso got 2nd place and LH was 3rd.

However Lewis held his hands up immediately stating he was at fault for pushing Albon off, apologised openly, was penalised 5 seconds and dropped down to 7th. This gave Carlos Sainz from McLaren 3rd place.

It was a race win for the 'young guns' really. smiling

Oh and 4 laps from the end the Ferrari's took each other out. Vettel at fault for clipping  Leclerc. A lot of effing and blinding from the red camp. rofl

Abu Dhabi this weekend. Final race of the season. cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 631 of 685

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 632 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think Ben Stokes fully deserves to win..... 

Why? Just because he led the England cricket team to 'glory' by batting a ball about a bit? roflrofl

Whereas, I think we should be celebrating the first Englishman EVER, in the history of F1, to win 6 world championships whilst risking his life at driving at 200mph plus for 9 months of the year...Whistle

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 633 of 685

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It's not often we have much to shout about with the cricketers. Lewis can have it next year along with his 7th WC.... 

Message 634 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Seriously @jonsie . Ben Stokes is favourite to win. I don't mind really as LH has won before and came 2nd last year.

I also think once the BBC gave up the rights to show F1, it bombed as a sport for everyone to watch.

Let's face it, the day LH won his 6th WDC, the article which made bigger news was the birth of Andy Murrays 3rd child!!

This country is obsessed with Football, Cricket and Tennis. Any other sport is an also ran.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 635 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is why I was totally surprised when GT won it last time :-))

& Cheers for the write up.. as I don't watch it.. this is my go to' for a rundown! (The BBC website is second)

Message 636 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

No problem @Anonymous 

I thought you would be delighted at the news that neither Ferrari finished. rofl

It was ridiculous really. Only the smallest side tap from Vettel and leclercs car crumpled as if it was made of tissue paper!

Image result for Image of Ferrari crash in Brazil

Image result for Image of Ferrari crash in Brazil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 637 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable
F1 seems to lack the good old fashioned wheel to wheel racing of the 80s/90s so its good to see some back, and thinking about it .. there’s been quite a bit this season.
It’s a shame when it ends up like it did.. no actually I lie.. you’re right.. seeing them knock each other out and play the blame game was awesome! Kinda feel sorry for LeClerc tho.. he’s still playing second fiddle to the berk when they should be given an even playing field (Difficult with only 1 pit) or at least be given a shot at being number 1.
Message 638 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Yes there has been some good wheel to wheel racing this year. The best are when Max and Lewis are going at it.

No... having said that, here have been some really good midfield battles this season.

Particularly with the new kids on the block. Albon, Norris, and Russell, if only someone would give him a damn good car!!

Edited to add, I think FIA ruling has tended to stop a lot of close racing. Nowadays they hand out penalties like sweeties!

Many have argued that LH pushing Albon was no more than a racing incident.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 639 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn’t see much wrong with LH & AA but I’m no Aficionado, and I agree the midfield is where the action is at!
Message 640 of 685