Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2019

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

What better way to start the new F1 thread than wishing Lewis Hamilton a Happy 34th Birthday

Image result for Images for Happy Birthday Lewis Hamilton

Here's hoping for a great season and another world championship for the lad from Stevenage

Get In Lewis trophytrophytrophytrophytrophy and hopefully trophy

PS: New cars are revealed from February 12th. Testing starts February 18th..

Season starts in 10 weeks. March15th Australia...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 685
684 REPLIES 684

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

All credit to Lewis for admitting James was right with that call. He said I didn't think I could close down 20 seconds. James said we knew you could. LH was knocking out Qualy lap time to close the gap to Max.

Horner said Merc rolled the dice with that pit stop...by the time they realised it, they knew it was too late to pit Max, he would have come out behind Lewis.

As for Ferrari. They are becoming also rans.

Max is only 7 points behind Bottas...

Image may contain: 1 person

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 361 of 685

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Half way and Mercedes and Red Bull have to be happy the way it has gone. Ferrari need their thinking caps on over the break period. Bottas must also put a bit of effort in and have a look at himself. I can see him being out at the end of the season otherwise. Today was a big chance for him and he bottled it.

Message 362 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

This from Max. Respect....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 363 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Bottas must also put a bit of effort in and have a look at himself. I can see him being out at the end of the season otherwise. Today was a big chance for him and he bottled it.

I think it will be a grim 3 weeks for Bottas, not much of a holiday for him. If I'm honest I don't think Ocon is right for that seat either.

If they don't keep Bottas, I would take a punt on George Russell. I think give that lad a car worth driving and he will surprise a lot of people.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 364 of 685

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Wolff has said that Russell will stay at Williams next season to get more experience. He reckons there will be too much pressure put on the young lad putting him in a car that is able to win races. He said that could ruin his career so 2021 maybe?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/49221616

Wolff ruled out a premature promotion to Mercedes, but made it plain that he holds Russell in high regard.

"You've got consider that these guys come into F1 at a very young age," Wolff said. "There are exceptions to the norm - such as Max Verstappen, who has been given an environment at Toro Rosso and Red Bull with the room to learn and make mistakes.

"I don't think you are given the possibility to learn in a Mercedes because you are being put in a car that is able to win races and championships in a high-pressure environment and it can go terribly wrong for a young driver that has the talent to become a world champion if he's thrown in that environment next to the best driver of his generation who has been with us for seven years. And I wouldn't want to burn George.

"Equally I think he is in a very good place with Williams, to help them to learn and come back and perform, learn and appreciate when a car functions well.

Message 365 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes I understand that, although I think Russell is a better prospect than Ocon.

Shame they are making the decision this month as Bottas should have the rest of the season to show what he can do.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 366 of 685

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes I understand that, although I think Russell is a better prospect than Ocon.

Shame they are making the decision this month as Bottas should have the rest of the season to show what he can do.

I totally agree on both points @Cleoriff 

It seems to be the way of things nowadays, money talks and impatience is the norm. Results are everything in sport and mistakes lead to hasty and often rash decisions by owners and bosses.

Message 367 of 685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have given up trying to watch F1 as I'm not paying Sky/Comcast's rip off sports pass prices.

Hoping I can get another deal on the NowTV movie and entertainment passes come Black Friday otherwise they might be going too.

Message 368 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I'm lucky that I have the old Sky F1 sports package which includes F1...and I wont be changing that any time soon

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 369 of 685

Cleoriff
  • 124136 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I see Jamie Chadwick from the W series has won the championship today at Brands Hatch.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/24045

Image may contain: 1 person

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 370 of 685