Did you mean: 

Formula 1 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Starting a new thread (before the last one gets split again)...:smileytongue:

It is 2018, The year of the Halo... Like it or hate it, it will be implemented as part of new FIA rules

None of the 2018 cars have been revealed yet (that happens in February) but this is how it will look

Image result for Fi Mercedes cars with Halo

Most drivers' aren't keen but are having to toe the party line...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 690
689 REPLIES 689

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It's quite true, something that annoys the heck out of all football supporters. Perhaps Alonso clipped him when the car was rolling? Anyway Arsenal are programmed to act that way but the main problem about it is seeing the 10 year old kids imitating everything these hard and tough footballers do

Not sure that it is just Arsenal that do that sort of thing @jonsie, I think that 98% of premier league footballers do the same thing.

Seem to recall a player (not sure which club) threw himself to the floor clutching his face after the ball was kicked at him and it hit him in the leg/stomach.

If Arsenal players do have a tendency to react that way it might be related to the history of serious injuries that have been inflicted because of the tactic that "Arsenal don't like it 'up 'em"...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 21 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkjI wish I had never posted that meme now.LOL

It was from a Formula 1 site. I didn't make the meme and I never looked at the kit the footballer was wearing and did wonder why @jonsie mentioned Arsenal.

Now you have posted (and I know you are an Arsenal fan) I went back and looked again.

Oh dear me. Bang

I agree it happens with a lot of players from different clubs. When I followed football with the grandson who supported Chelsea, I remember Drogba was known as a bit of a diver....also Tevez..whatever team he played for.

So anyway, my intention was to post a jokey meme (on a Formula One thread) simply to show the comparison between F1 drivers and footballers in general Zipped Cheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 690

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions
No offense taken @Cleoriff (or @jonsie).
Having a bad day so apologies if seemed I was having a pop.
Almost all footballers are equally as bad at this. As you rightly point out just happened to be my team that was the butt of the joke...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 23 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkjIt was just a shame. You and I mentioned Arsenal the other day on another thread and I know they are your team....I just needed to clarify that I wasn't having a pop at Arsenal LOL

Who is that footballer in the meme anyway? Purely out of interest you understand....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 690

gmarkj
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

I think it is Olivier Giroud @Cleoriff.
He is know colloquially as the HFB or handsome french bloke (except replace bloke with man of illegitimate origin)...

Message 25 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

I think it is Olivier Giroud @Cleoriff.
He is know colloquially as the HFB or handsome french bloke (except replace bloke with man of illegitimate origin)...

joy Yep I get it....lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Image may contain: text

No mention of Redbull, Haas or Force India (Or Force F1) as I think they are now called)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 690

jonsie
  • 93273 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
No offense taken @Cleoriff (or @jonsie).
Having a bad day so apologies if seemed I was having a pop.
Almost all footballers are equally as bad at this. As you rightly point out just happened to be my team that was the butt of the joke...

None taken at all. I know 99.9% of footballers dive and feign injury, sometimes they would have you think they had been flattened by a tank, my club included. I knew you were an Arsenal fan so as you are one of our big rivals I was just winding you and all the other two fans up 😉😂

Message 28 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

So the FIA have made the decision to drop the grid girls.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-to-drop-grid-girls-for-2018-1000912/

Apparently it comes as part of 'Liberty Media's revamp'

I hope they stop cheer leaders then.....

Talk about PC going mad. Rolleys

It's not as if they are dragged kicking and screaming into the job. It's not slave labour....it has always been part of this sport and others.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

The FIA have now changed the start times for all F1 races....Rolleys

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-confirms-later-start-time-races-2018-1001266/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 690