Did you mean: 

Formula 1 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Starting a new thread (before the last one gets split again)...:smileytongue:

It is 2018, The year of the Halo... Like it or hate it, it will be implemented as part of new FIA rules

None of the 2018 cars have been revealed yet (that happens in February) but this is how it will look

Image result for Fi Mercedes cars with Halo

Most drivers' aren't keen but are having to toe the party line...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 690
689 REPLIES 689

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Well its lap 60 with 6 to go and he is ahead of Bottas who is 2nd by 17 seconds

Fingers and toes firmly crossed fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 201 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hamilton Wins, Bottas 2nd Max 3rd...Vettel 4th

Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 202 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Driver Standings after Spain

driver standings Spain.png

If Bottas had finished in Baku, he would have been ahead of Seb Vettel....shame Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 203 of 690

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

It's Monaco this weekend and they have rules around street closures.

So Drivers press conference moves forward to Wednesday 23rd.

FP1 and 2 are on Thursday May 24th

NO F1 on Friday

P3 and Qualifying are on Saturday May26th

Race Sunday May 27th

monaco 2018.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 690

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 206 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I like the glitz and glamour of it ....particularly as it's the most expensive to attend!

However, barring accidents and rain, it has to be said, whoever gets pole position usually wins. Unless we have a safety car and a damn good pit strategy....

I love it actually.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 207 of 690

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

A list of prices to attend F1. China and Russia are the cheapest, Monaco and Abu Dhabi the most expensive.

Bit surprised at that. I though Silverstone would come in as one of the most expensive

Out of 21 venues, Britain and France are joint 11th

https://f1destinations.com/2018-f1-ticket-prices-ranking/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 208 of 690

Anonymous
Not applicable

So yesterday I drove to Silverstone from the M40, parked up on the public road near Club corner and the Golf Club, where (usually) you can see the start of the pit straight, pits, start/finish line and Club and Vale. then back on the A43 to the M1. Took about 40 minuites. 

I say usually as during the Grand Prix weekend that view will be screened off. Getting there on the Sunday,  by car from the point on the Motorways where they become slow moving car parks, to that spot, would take the best part of 4 hours, and another 4 to get away back into free flowing traffic.  And that's if they let you get that close, as the one way systems, road closures and other rmayhem means you'd be better off walking, or taking public transport, or if you can afford it helicopter,(£800+)  or being driven cross country in a 4by4, (cos the helicopoer you chose, didn't get landing rights at the heliport) than driving, yourself in your own car. AND That's not including the £60 to park and £200 general admission ticket, and countless other transport/grandstand seat/site access/fast track and hospitality combinations available. 

All to spend two hours not following what's happening less you have a commentry earphone and can see a big screen, watching a couple of corners if you are lucky, listening to F1 car's that don't sound like they ought to, over the air horns and your ear protectors, that are travelling so fast you'll blink and miss them. And mostly soaking up the oppourtunity to be sold overpriced tat the rest of the time.

I was lucky enough to go twice, the Saturday in 97, and Sunday in 2001, and hearing the scream of a normally aspirated 3 litre V10 at full chat is a sound like no other.

Though the most important thing to remember is that all the people who are being paid to be there, if they are watching at all, are watching it on the TV. And the person with the best possible view, and most up to date information,  over the whole race and all teams and drivers, is sat at home watching on Sky Sports F1 with a laptop to hand. Sure they get better data on the pit wall but only about their own team and drivers.

Message 209 of 690

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I live in expectation every year and always watch Monaco but as you say, pole is vital.

Message 210 of 690