Did you mean: 

Fathers Day today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very Special Day today for me

my dear dad Roy passed away on January 13 this year 

he had prostrate cancer which had gone to his bones

he was in much pain, heavily dosed with morphine towards the end of his life

My last time with him was watching over him whilst he was in a nearby superb nursing home

he looked so peaceful

I have special thoughts now of his words & actions to me only, in those times ... likewise when I was doing the night shift, in his home, watching over him, whilst my mum rested

happy times with dad all my life are coming back to me

condolence cards, some of his ties, photos, & 2 Fathers Day cards I have bought for today will be wrapped up in paper & tied with mauve ribbon for keepsakes

Dad's star shines brightly in the heavens above on me & my family

thinking of all of you who have dad's to be with today, maybe for a family meal

& ... those of you who have dads in your memory / heart always 

heart Cat :womanhappy:

PS: my dear dad Roy loved cats Cat Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Daisy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost my lovely Dad on 13th January last year & I know just how you are feeling today.

I lost my Dad to early onset Lewey Body Dementia & I have lost the best friend I could ever have.

Sadly due to his illness, he was unable to communicate with me, but I hope he knows how very much I loved him & how much I miss him.

Life is very precious & to all of you who are lucky enough to be spending today with their Dad, please make the most of every single second.

My Dad also adored Cats 🐱 

I hope he is watching over me & he is at peace.

I love you Dad x 🐾❤️ Happy fathers day x x

Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

A day for happiness for fathers but a sad day in so many ways too. Particularly sad for me with my boys being so far away and my wedding anniversary tomorrow. I'm happy with the messages from the lads and the phone calls today and proud of the way I was brought up in a loving family and of the way my kids have been brought up in the same way.

At least I'm out on the town tonight and have time for reflection and some 'me' time. My thoughts are with everyone who have lost their parents, both mum and dad passed away 16 & 18 years ago but I'm a little sad that I can no longer go and put flowers on their grave, thank God for family and good friends.

Message 3 of 3