cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Project Scorpio

Anonymous
Not applicable

So after not getting an Xbox One due to my lovely partner, wonderfully gifting me with precious delicate little money sponges, I am finally back on an even keel and not so zombified I couldnt enjoy the odd gaming session, however at E3 Microsoft have anouned not one but TWO consoles a slimmed down slight update to the Xbox One, called the Xbox One S, or the mysterious Project Scorpio.... and since no one in this office could give seven hoots about gaming, I thought I would throw it out there.... do I wait for next year to see what Project Scorpio is and work through my backlog of games or do I get the Xbox One S (now supporting 4K gaming) and start working my way through Fallout?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148994 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

and since no one in this office could give seven hoots about gaming, 

@Anonymous me to that list, but I know @viridis and @Toby are into this sort of thing wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Not sure you will find many folk here who use the XBox devices. I may be wrong but they all appear to be PS4 users....Anyway lets wait and see...someone may rock up and help

Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Mos Eisley of the internet... slight_smile

More info

Message 4 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So Microsoft announced a new console, and a new console that will replace that console in 1 years time?
This is why PlayStation have sold 40 million ps4 and xbone sold 21.
Message 5 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Xbox one s doesn't support 4k gaming, it supports 4k upscale and media streaming.
#justafyi
Message 6 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I'm primarily a Sony man @Anonymous I'm afraid ;). But I always buy both consoles eventually!

I'll be getting the PS4 NEO quickly and now this new Xbox a few months after its out. I have Gears, Halo and Scalebound to play in there.

If you'd like, you can offer your thoughts on the game/news you're excited about in our E3 Conference thread.

What game backlog are you working through? I'm currently on MGS5 and Fallout 4 (Far Harbor)

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my facts wrong I admit it. slight_smile

However new news on Project Scorpio, its essentially Xbox 1.5. Inreased power to 6teraflops as opposed to the 4teraflops on the new PS and apparently it should run VR, with the example game being Fallout, so my inner MS fanboy has just squeed himself hoarse.

One thing I did notice, MS don't have a VR partner lined up with various sources citing either Occulous or Vine, im wondering if we are about to see Microsoft push away frmo making their own peripherals.

They have been talking for a while about merging Xbox and PC maybe this is the first step, it would give increased consumer choice, it would be intersting as I believe Sony have kept all their preipherals proprietary.

Message 8 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

The one reason I don't mention I have a family member with the XBox One..I would feel a bit of an outcast here LOL @Anonymous...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a pile too numerous to mention, my master degree, kids and football stuff taking up to much time, I still haven't even got to Arkham Knight yet (nine days til its one year anniversary).

Message 10 of 26