Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 63: Greatness Assured

Facebook knows more about you than you think

Privacy is truly dead. Facebook knows everything.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/how-to-download-a-copy-of-facebook-data-about-you.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 677

Re: Facebook knows more about you than you think

Good grief @Bambino

I shall certainly look at the info they have about me... using the link in that article

Thanks for posting..

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 531

It knows Jack about me Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 250

Thank you for posting @Bambino

I'm inclined to delete my birthday including year & place of birth

I am surprised about FB knowing about such as private messages sent / received

I use Facebook a lot for various reasons & would be the worse off without it ... eg ... when poorly my laptop with Facebook on is 'My window on the world' ... I've found old schoolfriends = we're getting together next year when class of 65 will be 65 #justsayin'

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Thanks for posting @Bambino. As I've said I only have Facebook for saving game data. I don't post on FB but still will check what info they have on me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 547

Privacy has been a thing of the past for quite a few years now. 

Anonymous

I see that FB have made the privacy settings a bit easier to adjust but I’d still like to see all the settings have a ‘only me’ or ‘no one’ option.

I’ve had to join FB to be in the loop with the bike clubs I’m in, but i keep getting friend requests from friends of friends.. people who I don’t know, who, I won’t be ‘friends’ with but who seem to want to add everyone..

It’s ruddy annoying.

[ Edited ]

I know exactly how you feel @Anonymous. I'm swamped with friend requests from people I don't know and don't particularly want to know.

I've friended @Cleoriff and that's it. As I've said in a few posts, I have FB in order to save my games data; that's it. I have enough to do during the day without spending time informing total strangers what I'm doing. Which I doubt is of interest to them anyway.

Anonymous

@Glory1wrote:

I know exactly how you feel @Anonymous. I'm swamp with friend requests from people I don't know and don't particularly want to know.

I've friended @Cleoriff and that's it. As I've said in a few posts, I have FB in order to save my games data; that's it. I have enough to do during the day without spending time informing total strangers what I'm doing. Which I doubt is of interest to them anway.

Yes I’ve noticed that games want us to log into FB to compete with friends. It always puts me off

And I log into FB to save my games data. I don't compete with 'friends' as only a few of my friends are gamers and they're into video games. I enjoy playing by myself.