FORMULA 1 2024

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

So breaking news before the start of the 2024 season:

Lewis Hamilton appears to be making a move to Ferrari for the 2025 season

A major shock as he signed a two year contract with Mercedes last season. So whether it was one year with an opt out clause for 2025 is anyone's guess.

This seems to be anything but a silly season rumour!

MOTORSPORT: HAMILTON TO FERRARI 

SKY NEWS: HAMILTON TO FERRARI FOR 2025 

A lot more news happening but I'll post that later. For now, I need to go and have a lie down 😂

NB As Charles Leclerc has just signed a contract extension with Ferrari, it looks as if Lewis would be replacing Carlos Sainz.

It won't be a popular move. Also, not sure how Mercedes will handle that news THIS year as Lewis is driving for them until the end of 2024.

Will they put all their eggs in George Russells basket? (Hamilton came 3rd in the drivers championship last year and Russell came 8th)

Questions Questions!!🤔

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36971 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1676 Solutions

When the star moves, the supporting cast usually follow, @Cleoriff 😉

Message 21 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

STATEMENT FROM LEWIS YESTERDAY:

Lewis statement 24.jpg

"It’s been a crazy few days which have been filled with a whole range of emotions.
But as you all now know, after an incredible 11 years at Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team, the time has come for me to start a new chapter in my life and I will be joining Scuderia Ferrari in 2025.
I feel incredibly fortunate, after achieving things with Mercedes that I could only have dreamed of as a kid, that I now have the chance to fulfil another childhood dream. Driving in Ferrari red.
Mercedes has been a huge part of my life since I was 13 years old, so this decision has been the hardest I’ve ever had to make. I’m incredibly proud of all that we’ve achieved together and I’m very grateful for the hard work and dedication of everyone I have worked with over the years and of course Toto, for his friendship, guidance and leadership. Together we have won titles, broken records and become the most successful Driver-Team partnership in F1 history. And of course I cannot forget Niki who was a huge supporter and who I still miss everyday.
I must also share my huge appreciation to the whole of the Mercedes-Benz board and everyone at the company in Germany and around the world for supporting me over these 26 years.
But the time is right to make a change and take on a new challenge. I still remember the feeling of taking a leap of faith into the unknown when I first joined Mercedes in 2013. I know some people didn’t understand it at the time but I was right to make the move then and it's the feeling I have again now. I’m excited to see what I can bring to this new opportunity and what we can do together.
However, right now, I’m not thinking about 2025. My focus is on the upcoming season and getting back out on track with Mercedes. I am more driven than ever, I am fitter and more focussed than ever and I want to help Mercedes win once again. I am 100% committed to the job I need to do and determined to end my partnership with the team on a high.
Thank you to all of you who have been on this journey with me, you have all lifted me up as I chase my dreams and I hope I can continue to make you proud. As always, sending you my love and positive energy."

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Two More Car/ Livery Reveals Yesterday

WILLIAMS.

Williams 2024.jpg

Williams 2 2024.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

SAUBER ...OR

Stake F1 Kick Sauber!!

Sauber 2024.jpg

Sauber 2 2024.jpg

A bit meh really. Looks like it just jumped out of a F1 video game!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

McLAREN (Images released early, although there is an OFFICIAL release day later.

McLaren 24.jpg

MCLaren 2 24.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

Remaining car reveal dates-:

ALPINE : 7th February

VISA CASH APP RB (Formerly Alpha Tauri) : 8th February

ASTON MARTIN : 12th February

FERRARI : 13th February

MERCEDES : 14th February

McLAREN :  14th February

RED BULL RACING 15th February

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

ALPINE 2024

Alpine 24.jpg

Alpine 24 1.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 145

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6976 Posts
  • 130 Topics
  • 24 Solutions
Message 28 of 145

Cleoriff
  • 123759 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7490 Solutions

@Oxonian 

I think all the drivers will be lining up to have their say about Hamilton's move to Ferrari in 2025.

I know that Lewis will be attempting to shut down all gossip. As he's already made a statement and as he said he has 2024 to get through, driving for Mercedes. No doubt he will be doing his best for them as well.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 145

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I think all the gossip is more likely to be about Horner

I really dislike the guy so I'm hoping whatever the outcome he will be forced out of F1

I hate smug and arrogant people

Message 30 of 145