Did you mean: 

Easter Baking (An attempt)

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey guys,

it is the season of the bunnies and the daffodils and the eggs … oh and of the lamb cake.

As a lot of people made fun of me lately for bringing up my lamb cake. I decided to bake one to show all of you that this tradition is not only important but also delicious.

A bit of trivia: In Germany, a lamb is sacrificed at Easter, but baked in commemoration of the resurrection, a cake in the shape of an Easter lamb. In the weeks preceding Easter, each bakery bakes and sells hundreds of these cakes. Some are covered in powdered sugar, some a lemon glaze and some even cover them in chocolate and candies.

The only hurdle? I have never baked anything in my life before. So sit back and watch me giving birth to my very first (lamb) cake just for you.

IMG_0550.jpg

10:22 am - Gathering ingredients

I have realised that I have nothing in my house that goes into cake. I shall be back in 10 - a quick trip to the market….

11.30 - Gathering Ingredients II

This took longer than expected - turns out that supermarkets don’t have a “exactly the ingredients you need for a lamb cake” isle. But I managed… here they are….

IMG_0557.jpg

11.40 - In the mix

I realised I have nothing to mix the batter with - Using a smoothie maker now. Wish me luck…

IMG_0559.jpg

12:01 pm - I am sweating

Baking is stressful - This might be the first and last lamb cake I will make.

12:05 pm - The mould

Key is the mould - I had to get this of Amazon. It needs a little dusting and cleaning - we have no idea where this has been…

IMG_0551_2.jpg

12:08pm - Me and my big mouth

I wish I would have said nothing and let the cake slip but here we are - elbows deep in cake batter. Also may need to renovate kitchen.

12:15 pm - BURN

So the recipe calls for 180 degrees and I have a gas stove so I have no idea what to do. I figured I could do 45 minutes on a 7 or 10 minutes on 15.

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.59.22.png

1:00 pm - Definitely sacrificed a lamb

no comment - we shall see what it looks like once I take it out.

1:10 pm 😒

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 18.00.57.png

1:15 pm - I AM A GENIUS

Call me Gordon Ramsey - cake looks like a painting. I may have broke its neck but no one will know. She is beautiful. Everyone meet DOLLY…

1:35pm - Finishing Touches

Can’t send Dolly out without any make up on. So here we go. Made her extra pretty. She is beautiful, She is a Model, She is Linda Evangelista….

IMG_0578.jpg

3:00pm

She is also a little dry …. I am going to buy some jam …

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Ok so here is an update - the face was indeed cripsy. But the rest was actually really nice. I gave @TheresaV some to try so she can confirm hahah

No extra jam added - Marry had a crispy lamb, crispy lamb, crispy lamb

Next time you all get a slice @MI5 @jonsie @Cleoriff @TallTrees @Mi-Amigo 2022 joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 42

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie @Cleoriff @TallTrees @MI5 @Mi-Amigo Lukas indeed gave me some of the cake and I can confirm that it was actually absolutely delicious and there is nothing left in my house joy Well done @LukasB I am proud of you!

signature

Message 22 of 42

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well done @LukasB  and @TheresaV  for being the taste tester....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 42

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like a success @LukasB . Well done. And well done @TheresaV on being brave enough to tackle @LukasB first baking attempt. Pity we are all gonna miss out on getting a slice but hope there will be an opportunity for us all, in the not-too-distant future, to try another of @LukasB baking delights yum  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 42

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Not sure if Lukas can face the stresses of baking again joy But that might have been caused by all of us teasing him even beyond the community (this was a very highly discussed topic between our colleagues too). If not from @LukasB , I will make sure to get you all fed with some cake @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo 

signature

Message 25 of 42

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I think it was fantastic too 😄
Well done @TheresaV taste judge
Very well done @LukasB
Super effort from buying the lamb tin, the ingredients, mixing it all and baking❤ photos as well ...
Finally the presentation was great...
Well baking is stressful 🙃 better rest 😴 ready for next time🎉

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 26 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@LukasB 

Maybe try to use the dough of Fanta-cake (it's so soft and fluffy, you can eat from it for days!

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 28 of 42

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
That sounds lovely @ComaChameleon

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 29 of 42

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Guys, the next time I bake will be 2022 joy

signature

Message 30 of 42