cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading, have you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought a 49 inch smart tv last year and I’ve realised that it’s just too damn big for my living room, it uses far too much electricity (63w) it’s totally ruining my carbon footprint and takes up a hell of a lot of room. So I’ve decided to downgrade & purchased a 24” smart tv(23w) (Which means I have to sell my current (huge) tv stand & get a taller / smaller one)

So I’m wondering, in this day and age of bigger is better (and more expensive) have you ever downgraded, or gone smaller? And for what reason?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes we all have the ability to adapt but the older we get, the less our physical frailities allow us to.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Optimal distance achieved! Now I just need an appropriate sized tv unit!
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

My flat screen tv must be about 24"

If I remember rightly you measure diagonally

A dear friend gave it me

The old 2nd hand colour portable went bang and the screen went blank when I attempted to replay the 1st thing I'd managed to record = frightened to record anything on new-to-me tv ... however, must have done something as Game Of Thrones is on repeat recording off SKY Atlantic.

I don't ever do downgrading just for downgradings sake = just if it suits me.

I am long sighted, and wear bi-focal glasses. I am happy with my current arrangement of small size tv

Also, I have set it so it is as full screen size as I can make ie I loose a bit of picture either side.

*Fill The Frame* ... as a keen amateur photographer told me many years ago.

Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to update this, thanks for reminding me @Martin-O2 I had the tv for a week or so, but got extremely pee'd off with it. For some reason every time i turned it on I had to unplug then plug in the Ethernet cable to get connected. LG said this was a fault with that particular model. They did give me a fault number, which i passed on to PC World & I sent it back for a full refund.

So to fill the gap I got a 2019 iPad Pro. Not sure if that's a downgrade but my electric usage is far less & i can use it for multiple things.. like... writing silly posts about Valentines Day, organising trips to see folks, as well as shopping, gaming & everything else!

And there's more space in my living room for me &.. my recliner.. & one of my bikes in the corner! 

Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely @jonsie .. shame I didn't think of the iPad beforehand!

btw it's not contributed to my carbon footprint as I got it secondhand off a mate, with a smart keyboard, Apple Pencil & 2 years AppleCare for under a grand!

win win win win win! 

Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I guess keeping the iPad charged up leaves a much less footprint than a TV but I have a problem using one device for everything. I stream live football on the laptop so if I want to contribute to the community, check emails or keep abreast of the news at the same time then I use another device, be it the tablet or the phone.

That's a major fault I have, I need to multi task. I suppose that is indicative of the present dross that is ManU unamused

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will last 2 days on a single charge, which is far better than a tv just gobbling energy up. The next step is to get rid of VM & the router, get an unlimited data sim & let my phone do all the work (it costs far less to charge it than leave the router running)

btw with iPadOS you can multitask..

7EE1F42A-91BC-4E87-8CCE-C020DE69EF97.jpeg'
was kinda hard to master at first but I'm getting there! 

Message 18 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 123150 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Looks good @Anonymous 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 144702 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Did you get the 32gb one or 128?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23