Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Sunday song choice are out....

Image may contain: text

So that's

Melody and Alexander  Rise Up

Saira and Mark...Express Yourself

Wes and Vanessa ...Gravity

Richard and Carlotta...Sir Duke

Ryan and Brandee....Kiss

Brian and Alex..... Mandy (by Westlife) Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Gemma Collins is getting publicity but for all the wrong reasons because she can't skate and is only still in because of her TOWIE fanbase. And, unfortunately you are right @Cleoriff it will impact the voting.

Looking forward to seeing what James Jordan does and hope he keeps up his winning performance and bu66er the detractors who slam him because of dance experience that doesn't have any bearing on being able to perform on ice.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 62 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sunday song choice are out....

Image may contain: text

So that's

Melody and Alexander  Rise Up

Saira and Mark...Express Yourself

Wes and Vanessa ...Gravity

Richard and Carlotta...Sir Duke

Ryan and Brandee....Kiss

Brian and Alex..... Mandy (by Westlife) Rolleys

Like all the songs. Don't know how any of them will cope on the ice. Looking forward to seeing what they can do, it could be interesting with some surprises. Roll on Sunday. 

Meantime, looking forward to The Voice tonight Happy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 63 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

All ready for the start......Let's hope GC doesn't get a mention again !!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So while the (loads of) adverts are on, just a few words on the first three couples..

Brian and Alex. Skating to Mandy.

Shame about the injury, considering he hoped to be competition for James

There was a lot missing and I think they had to alter the routine. Score 20

Ryan and Brandi.

I liked him but he was poor really. Skated to Crazy Crazy Nights by Kiss....He has a long way to go...

Scored 15.... Mmmmmm

Melody and Alexander skating to Rise Up

I thought she skated beautifully. Great potential Her drape lift was excellent. Well done

Jasons score of 4.5 was pathetic. (I really hope she doesn't get the same type of public dislike as Ashley in SCD)... Total score was 24

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

More adverts.

Richard and Carlotta skated to Sir Duke.

If honest I was surprised they were marked so low (Jason with his 3.0 FGS!!)

A lot of content in that routine. Rollup and Aeroplane lifts. He did look a bit wooden at times but I thought his score was farcical 17.5. I thought he was better than Brian if honest....but there you go!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 66 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Group Dance with Celebs....

So Gemma turns up late for rehearsal....let's get that out of the way first rage

A good routine. The ones who stood out were James Jordan and Jane Danson. Saara was ok...Didi mmmm. Joe a bit poor but I like him Smiley Very Happy

Gemma absolutely useless. Hardly moved and when she did, I would rather she hadn't.

Thats all really...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Looks like last week has set the bar for the males so thought Jason was probably right in marking lower. I liked Ryan but has potential if he can get more technique. I'm hoping they let Melody do skating instead of being drag n lifted next time otherwise scores won't be high.

After watching the intro by Richard Blackwood, I can't help but think he is anyone else but Buff Corell in disguise...

Message 68 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Bloody adverts again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saira and Mark skated to Express Yourself.

Considering she couldn't stand up when they started, she did very well all things considered.

Scored 19.5.

Looking forward to seeing Wes skate next. Got a good feeling about him....

This could be a 90 minute show without all the adverts.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Wes and Vanessa

Skated to Gravity and gave an excellent performance. Jason gave a 4.0. Ridiculous....

The other 3 judges gave him 7.0's  Total score 25.0

Ashley was correct. A natural ability which means he can only get better.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 455