Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Take this picture for instance... She totally eclipses the little person behind her....Fear

What worries? Shaking off the backlash after breaking her silence, the star cracked a radiant smile as she laughed with her professional skating partner Matt Evers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 91 of 455

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Take this picture for instance... She totally eclipses the little person behind her....Fear

What worries? Shaking off the backlash after breaking her silence, the star cracked a radiant smile as she laughed with her professional skating partner Matt Evers

She looks much better when pictured later....

Image result for blimp images

Message 92 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Apparently GC won't be leaving now. Grabbing more headlines she said she refused to be sabotaged. Pictured leaving training today and according to the Mail:

' Flaunting her famous curves, the TOWIE star slipped into a chic black hoodie paired with clinging matching leggings with white stripes. Her blonde tresses were styled in loose waves while her pretty features were enhanced with a glamorous palette of make-up'

Mmmmmm...Ok then ....clown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6598061/Gemma-Collins-insists-shes-NOT-quitting-Dancin...

or  being slightly more un-creative: Gemma Collins swagged out of an ice-rink in a designer shellsuit with a handbag bought from her fees from her brief appearances on other shows. Obviously undeterred by training hard on Instagram for five minutes, not brushing her hair was the only viable way to appear in public as someone who has put in the effort to be as popular as Theresa May's Brexit deal.

LOLLOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 93 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@sheepdogsaid

or  being slightly more un-creative: Gemma Collins swagged out of an ice-rink in a designer shellsuit with a handbag bought from her fees from her brief appearances on other shows. Obviously undeterred by training hard on Instagram for five minutes, not brushing her hair was the only viable way to appear in public as someone who has put in the effort to be as popular as Theresa May's Brexit deal.

Well that made me laugh a lot. joy

Did anyone see the 'designer shell suit'? My fashion sense must be far better than hers.

With a figure like that dear girl, do NOT wear anything which makes you look far bigger than you are!!

Only certain skinny folk can wear that type of gear. Not being 'fattist' (is that even a word?) just telling it like it is...Dance

I totally agree. I stopped wearing leggings when I put on a bit of weight years ago. They do emphasise your curves . But there are curves then there's just plain fat. And when you're GC's size you want to play down, not emphasise, those curves. Shows how stupid she is she thinks she looks good. Pity someone doesn't tell her she just looks like a cheap t@rt in that get-up. But then she'd probably just think they're jealous clown

Message 94 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

She looks much better when pictured later....

Image result for blimp images

LOLLOL

Message 95 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I do wear leggings. I also wear long tops which cover a  multitude of sins...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I do wear leggings. I also wear long tops which cover a  multitude of sins...joy

Ah... but @Cleoriff you're a lot slimmer than GC and me, for that matter, though like you I also wore long tops to 'hide a multitude of sins'.

GC would look better in a pair of tailored trousers with a long top than she does in tight leggings that she seems to be bursting out of. All they do is emphasise how big she is. But when you see yourself through rose coloured glasses, you see what you want to see not what's really there. 

She has a pretty face which would look better without all the slap and the false eyelashes. No wonder she's late to rehearsals, imagine how long it takes her to put on her face and squeeze into those leggings......joy

Message 97 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Songs revealed for Musical Week

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, pool

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, swimming, pool and text

I'm sure you can pick out who's who above. (I hope) wink

I'm hoping James Jordan does well to The Phantom Of The Opera

Also looking forward to Jane and Melody (I Dreamed a Dream and America)

Hopefully Brian has recovered enough to skate well to Fat Sams Grand Slam. I love that song...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 98 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I love all the songs but Fat Sam's Grand Slam, America, Let It Go, Tale As Old As Time, You Can't Stop the Beat and Beggin are particular favourites.

I'll be very interested to see what James does with The Phantom of the Opera. That won't be an easy one. And I also hope Brian is well enough to do justice to Fat Sam's Grand Slam. The choreography could be great for that number.

And Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend is typical for Gemma. No doubt her anthem. 

And I've no problem making out who's who @Cleoriff yahoo

Really looking forward to Sunday.

Message 99 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Just a bit of 'gossip'

Wes Nelson who met his girlfriend Megan whilst on Love Island, appears to be having problems with that relationship! (lol)

His ice dance partner Vanessa, apparently finished with her boyfriend on the night of the opening show.  Megan, obviously bitten by the green eyed monster, took exception to this (are you with me so far? LOL) and responded with an instagram post to her and Wes.

Megan wrote: "Love that you decide to announce your breakup with your boyfriend on the night of your first performance with my boyfriend!

"You've never reached out to me once or invited me to watch you train, it pained you to introduce yourself to me last night you didn't even look me in the eye LOL hope the tactical breakup got you the headlines you wanted."

So who knows (or cares) what's going on there?

Just thought I'd post this cr@p, in an effort to avoid mentioning the other poop who tries constantly to steal the headlines...LOL Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 100 of 455