Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It was between Brian and Saara.

Saara went first and skated well. Brian followed with a slow number and credit to him, he was doing well also....then at the end of a lift he dropped his partner. They both went crashing down to the ice.

That sealed his fate @jonsie 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 412 of 455

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

A rather good show tonight, best one of the series. Solo skating was definitely the best bit - JJ knee slide then reverse was excellent. Even Olly Murs was good though the song was forgettable.  Weird contrast of the show: Kate Garraway in a heavy coat whilst talking to Holly in a thin dress! 

Message 413 of 455

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm just guessing @sheepdog but maybe the judges have heaters beneath where they sit and Holly and Phil go off to a warm room when not on camera. It must be cold there as otherwise the ice would melt.

Everyone seems to be wrapped up warm apart from the skaters, judges and presenters. They must have some way to warm up or they'd all be suffering colds, etc.

That's my best guess anyway.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 414 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Songs/Music for the final.

DOI final.GIF

Soooo...as everyone knows my favourite dance is the Argentine Tango, all I can say is, what a brilliant, brilliant choice for James wink

Doi final2.GIF

And there you have it. Not biased at all...but James to win. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 415 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Both songs are great for James and I admit I am biased: James to win with Wes a second choice. Wes, I think, is good but unless James makes a big mistake, he's got it in the bag, if last Sunday is anything to go by.

Message 416 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

What a palaver getting those song choices. They hadn't been published on the DOI forum.

So I googled and it sent me to the DOI twitter account.

I don't do twitter at all and I'm on my PC.

As you can see from the pictures, it was actually a video.

So I let it roll to first set of songs, pause video and then with the help of snipping tool, capture that clip, save to pictures on pc.

Rinse and repeat with 2nd set of songs....

Then I upload from my picture file on PC to here.

It would have been much simpler if I was able to upload the video directly to the forum. (not possible as lithium video uploader doesn't recognise the url)

I'm sure some technical whiz kid could overcome that 'small' problem...but it's beyond my pay grade. joy

So I give you 'Cleo's world of doing things' Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 417 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

PS. That's why James's song choice is faded. The video was beginning to change to 2nd song choice. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 418 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No matter how you did it @Cleoriff, the point is you did it and it worked.

You're a marvel 👍🍾

Message 419 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No @Glory1 

Just determined to get it... whatever way I could joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket