Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer parts:)

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Right so I'm building a f@h rig to help support some of the good things coming from this project:)

I need suggestions for cheap computer supplies I have a fairly set list but I'm open to shopping around:)

hey if I save enough money I could run two machines:(

Ill happily share specs if people are interested but I'd imagine it would bore most haha

So suggest some good quality sites for me:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I was tempted to setup a DVD array like this Amiga disk thing but realised that's another project to try and bug fix! Ooooh, check out silly projects like this 

Message 31 of 44

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha yh that's the sort of thing I was thinking:)

Brilliant guess there is still a use for old drives haha:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 32 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Right so I'm building a f@h rig to help support some of the good things coming from this project:)

I need suggestions for cheap computer supplies I have a fairly set list but I'm open to shopping around:)

hey if I save enough money I could run two machines:(

Ill happily share specs if people are interested but I'd imagine it would bore most haha

So suggest some good quality sites for me:)

i always use www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.aria.co.uk

i used to use scan but after i bought a few parts from there then tried to buy something else later on i found my card wouldnt work.  i phoned virgin to see why it didnt work and it appeared that my card had been reported lost or stolen, i told them i didnt report it at all and they told me that its actually been suspended for fraud!  the only place i had used it was on the Scan website and i noticed how uninterested and not very helpful the worker was on the phone.  ive never used them since and wont use them again.

Message 33 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Should see where I live haha I'm not fussed about the surroundings:)

I'm talking about inside!!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 44

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ooo right haha. Well good food is worth going any distance:) especially a good curry YUM!
Message 35 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's still going strong karachi even after all these years perksie slight_smile

I can't go to Bradford without having lunch there, a friend first showed me where it was and he's been going for about 30 years.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't go to Bradford without having lunch there, a friend first showed me where it was and he's been going for about 30 years.:smileyhappy:

I visit it  regularly with my dad and it's still just as good as the first time I ever had my first curry there slight_smile 

Message 37 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I visit it  regularly with my dad and it's still just as good as the first time I ever had my first curry there slight_smile 

It was a particular favourite of my son who went to Bradford Uni for 3 years although it was  only for special occasions as a change from his student diet of tinned tuna, pot noodles and stir-fries!Smiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 44

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Just bit the bullet and got a pair of

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-148-SA&groupid=701&catid=2104&subcat=2394

Should sort out data storage speed:)
Message 39 of 44

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Right I just had my neighbour call me out the blue(expensive) the company I ordered through have delivered the two GPUs and motherboard to his house instead of mine!! (£1800) to the wrong house what the hell!! I trust this neighbour but I think ill be lodging a complaint with DPD.(apparently he didn't sign for it)

Think I'm overreacting?
Message 40 of 44