Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours In Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the sixth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of colour-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other colour-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but those in the list. Should you find any of the words in songs not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [colour-related word] in [name of song it appreas in].

This Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow [Monday 13 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 11pm Tuesday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after midnight until 11pm.

The list of colour-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 409
408 REPLIES 408

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
But if I've learned one thing from @Mi-Amigo's questions, it matters not what the popular belief is or what Google says wink

A fair point @MI5 . The problem with popular belief and what google says is it is just that - popular belief - often unsubstantiated.

Like with the Thursday Quiz and QI tv show, what I try to do is give and accept answers for which there is supportive evidence. With the Beatles` Challenges, I use, where possible, the definitive, published lyrics [some from the actual songsheets published at the time], and from my vast library of Beatles books and magazine [for example, the origin of "Ciggies, Sarnies and Songs" and the album which it was the alternative title in the Alternative Titles Challenge].

I realise that sometimes there may be differences of opinion as to my decision and where this has been the case I have gone and re-examined my sources. I admit I make mistakes and miss answers, but trust this does not distract too much from the Challenge, and can honestly say that where and when this has occured, I too have learned more about the music of the greatest band of all time.  

As long as members want these Challenges, then I will run them, because the reason I plan, research and run these Challenges is not for myself but for the members to enjoy and have fun.

And long may that continue @Mi-Amigo 

As you say, you admit mistakes and credit people with songs not on your list. You also stand your ground, which is just as it should be.

My husband runs a lot of quizzes for various charities and pubs. He does his research and whilst of the opinion 'The Quizmasters word is final' ...he will always recheck his sources if challenged.

The forum is a better place with the quizzes you produce for our enjoyment. Nuff said. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 391 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thank you. Too kind and much appreciated.

As @Glory1 pointed out, there are 80 answers to find in the new Challenge so this should keep everyone entertained, not least me, especially if answers which I have missed are found slight_smile

And, before you ask @Cleoriff , yes there will be a mention at the end of the new Challenge [which @jonsie reckons will run for 16 days after the Challenge starts] of "fastest finger first" sweat_smile

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 392 of 409

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I might 'slack off' on fastest finger first @Mi-Amigo It's too stressful...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 393 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

What!!??? Horrified  Imagine the confusion Don't know that`ll cause Crazy LOL

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 394 of 409

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nah, not a chance.....

Message 395 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Mi-Amigo just for my own curiousity, I googled the question you asked about the number of times the word 'love' appeared in All You Need Is Love and the answer given is 102 and the 2 loves were not counted.

Interesting that.

Thanks @Glory1 

Very interesting google result.

As I said, I do not have a reliable source which gives the definitive answer. The answer I gave was from my own personal count of the words "love" and "loves" and no way am I claiming that my answer of 99 is correct. It was intended to be my own findings and a bit of fun.

I am curious to know if any google search result gives a reference, which can be checked?

The search result I quoted lists answers.com as a reference if that helps @Mi-Amigo, if that helps.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 396 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff 

Thank you. Too kind and much appreciated.

As @Glory1 pointed out, there are 80 answers to find in the new Challenge so this should keep everyone entertained, not least me, especially if answers which I have missed are found slight_smile

And, before you ask @Cleoriff , yes there will be a mention at the end of the new Challenge [which @jonsie reckons will run for 16 days after the Challenge starts] of "fastest finger first" sweat_smile

I assume @jonsie is basing his guesstimate on 5 players getting 5 correct answers per night. Of course, that doesn't allow for wrong answers, or additional songs found containing a word(s) on Mi-Amigo's list.

This is going to be a lot of fun, good luck everybody.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 397 of 409

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the new "Home In Lyrics" Challenge, I have given what I hope is a good mix of answers to find.

As you will all see, there are some words which have only one answer, so I can imagine there might well be posts with "oh that was going to be my answer tomorrow", or everyone going after the same word with multiple answers to "knock it out" of the game.

I don`t know about you guys but I`m looking forward to 10pm tomorrow, when it all begins, and expect some of you will be getting excited and can`t wait for the fun, with, no doubt, the usual banter between the players.

This could be the longest Challenge so far...

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 399 of 409

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions