Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chilcot Inquiry: Iraq War

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124244 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

After 7 years looking into all aspects of this war...Sir John Chilcot has started his speech

One of the first statements he made........

"The UK did not exhaust all peaceful options before joining the invasion of Iraq"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36712735

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe it took 13 years and millions of pounds to be told Blair is a lying idiot......i could have said that for free!!

Message 11 of 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Do we believe Blair when he made that choked up statement, like he really meant it??

I'm inclined to believe his acting coach told him how to be "regretful and sorrowful"... Anyone else a cynic like me?
Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124244 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Do we believe Blair when he made that choked up statement, like he really meant it??

I'm inclined to believe his acting coach told him how to be "regretful and sorrowful"... Anyone else a cynic like me?

Not sure you are being cynical He sounded like a guy who was ..and still is, at risk of being tried for War Crimes .....if the relatives of the dead have anything to do with it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'd like to see him tried but it won't happen. Teflon Tony is an apt name but it's not just his sole responsibility. So many others should be accountable. He has been tried and convicted in the eyes and minds of the British public and will be forever tainted in the history books.

Message 14 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124244 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'd like to see him tried but it won't happen. Teflon Tony is an apt name but it's not just his sole responsibility. So many others should be accountable. He has been tried and convicted in the eyes and minds of the British public and will be forever tainted in the history books.

Which in a way is a damn shame....Don't get me wrong Iraq was an absolute disaster...prior to this he 'seemed' a half decent PM.....and no I am not getting into a political debate....I am just saying what many thought

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

To be honest this is the only advantage of an enquiry. Nothing can be undone and the only outcome was always going to be where blame was to be apportioned. As I said before, little or no consolation to those left devestated. And yes, he was a decent prime minister before he became Bush's puppet!

Message 16 of 16