Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 888
887 REPLIES 887

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Yep, @Cleoriff - kittens need to know where safety is, then dog introductions, and intro to the aged boss matriarch-in-power cat, Spice, will happen.

IMG-20210304-WA0000.jpg

Message 841 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

What breed of dog @gmarkj ? Looks really lovely xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 842 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

At one time (about 20 years ago,) I had 6 cats.  Cleo, Riffraff, Bugsy, Mollie, Malone and Jack. Cleo came first, then I thought she needed a friend so we got Riffraff who came from the same litter(we called him Riffraff as Ray said he was so ugly, the kids would throw stones at him.😂

Cleo was black and Riffraff was black and white. They got on well together. Bugsy was a tabby and his brother Malone was black and white. Mollie, I was conned into having, as my son told me the farmer was going to drown her if I didn't have her. (Lies) She was a tortoishell and a birdcatcher!! Then Jack came along. He was a rescue kitten from a scrapyard. Also tabby but suffered with I.B.S. from the age of 2.

Finally,  after a couple of deaths from our large cat family, our son came over with a kitten in a box. He was ginger. That was a no brainer for me. He's called Gizmo. Two weeks later we had his sister Lily, a torty. They hate each other 😂

Only 2 cats now and there will be no more. These two are 11yrs old.

Our longest living cat was Bugsy who went over the rainbow bridge at the grand old age of 20 years and 6 months. ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 843 of 888

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12388 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Autumn is a Jack Russell - Dachsund cross @Cleoriff 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 844 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Oh lovely @gmarkj.

We had a long haired dachsund when I lived at home with Mum and Dad, He was the loveliest little dog. Very gentle. Mum called him Cokey. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 845 of 888

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12388 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

My only concern is that dachshunds are, apparently, rather needy and can be clingy...

In the main she is lovely, except for the inside accidents and the biting. She is not a fan of our neighbours dogs barking, or the rain/wind. Or the hoover!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 846 of 888

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

And the sun rose to the East...

IMG-20221130-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20221130-WA0000.jpg

Dog walk a short while ago.

Message 847 of 888

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Your dog looks like every teenager whose mom says "Wait, we need to stop for a picture."

Message 848 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124307 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Beautiful pictures @pgn. Interested to know if you shorted Thorin's name to Thor? We call our cat Gizmo, Gizzy (hardly shortening it but more friendly I think.)

Over the years and into shortening our cats names;

Cleo was Cleo 😂

Riffraff was Riffy

Mollie was Moll

Bugsy was Bugs

Malone (a very frightened cat) was Malone or 'Don't be Stupid' 🤣

Jack was Jack.

then Gizmo is Giz and Lily (His sister who is also frightened) is Lil.

Biggest joke, we had two Yorkies (Benji and Jamie) who died just before we had Malone.

I really wanted to call Malone, BJ in memory of our two dogs. Couldn't understand why my husband and two lads were in hysterics and rolling around  with laughter. My eldest said, 'if you think I'm going to the door and calling BJ to come in, you can forget it!'

It took me a few minutes to get it 😂 so Malone stayed as Malone  😂 🤣

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 849 of 888

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2586 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pets are marvellous creatures ar'n't they ? I look after my 15 year old rescue big ginger / white cat. He senses when I am not right - will snuggle up to me. My son is in hospital suffering with a gallstone or a cluster blocking his bile duct. Operation on Tuesday hopefully. He says the NHS staff are very nice but very busy. He has an 11 year old rescue black / white cat Juno who is missing him xxx 🐱

***DESORMAIS***
Message 850 of 888